Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• @lousubcap I thought you would get a kick out of this. I have lived in current home for 5 years and I would say due to my wife's shopping habits and my CGS expenditures we get a delivery from the 5 letter delivery company about once a week. Every single delivery during that period has been to the front door. Finally made a SRF order and this time they put it in front of our garage door with no contact made. My wife nearly ran over it as she was backing out to run an errand. Thankfully, disaster was averted and the products arrived still frozen.
  • Just got home from the Farm Science Review. Apparently JD was convoying 3 X9 ($750K - $1mill each) combines last week and a car pulled out in front of them. Naturally the first guy hit the brakes and then they all three crashed into each other.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Just got home from the Farm Science Review. Apparently JD was convoying 3 X9 ($750K - $1mill each) combines last week and a car pulled out in front of them. Naturally the first guy hit the brakes and then they all three crashed into each other.
    Any pics?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @kl8ton I posted in the wrong thread but no, I can’t find any pics and all I am getting is the rumor mill. I know a couple guys who run in the x9 circle and I’ll ask what they have heard. Not sure on injuries either.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Just got home from the Farm Science Review. Apparently JD was convoying 3 X9 ($750K - $1mill each) combines last week and a car pulled out in front of them. Naturally the first guy hit the brakes and then they all three crashed into each other.

Guess they weren't all following the 2 second rule.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:

Guess they weren't all following the 2 second rule.

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking, I saw it almost happen once before. Two guys in monster combines and the front one slams the brakes, the one behind same situation was way too close and they both skidded. Amazing my combine does not have functioning brakes.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Yard stuff. Planning on applying Plant Growth Regulator next season so I only have to mow 1-2 days a week instead of 3. Plus if I decide to start doing my own fert and weed control this will help a lot.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Yard stuff. Planning on applying Plant Growth Regulator next season so I only have to mow 1-2 days a week instead of 3. Plus if I decide to start doing my own fert and weed control this will help a lot.

Never heard of growth stunt formula for a lawn. That’s next level. 

Also, you mow three times a week?! 😂 I don’t question your results, as I’ve seen them, but that’s a pretty might sacrifice. Once a week for me at most. But while I’m happy with my lawn this year, it looks nothing like yours, FWIW. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    Yard stuff. Planning on applying Plant Growth Regulator next season so I only have to mow 1-2 days a week instead of 3. Plus if I decide to start doing my own fert and weed control this will help a lot.

Also, you mow three times a week?! 😂 I don’t question your results, as I’ve seen them, but that’s a pretty might sacrifice. Once a week for me at most. But while I’m happy with my lawn this year, it looks nothing like yours, FWIW. 
    Ya in peak summer it was 2-3 days a week. I work from home so I can get out there at 5pm or even lunch if need be and if just mowing, finish in about 45min. Having said that, I am using the regulator next year mostly to cut back on that schedule. I don't mind it but I'd rather spend time on other stuff. A side effect of the slower growth, it also greens up the yard a bit and thickens the canopy. You think my lawns nice you should see @FATC1TY s he is on the lawn forum and his yard is next level.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• why did you go that route over a back pack sprayer @TEXASBGE2018
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    why did you go that route over a back pack sprayer @TEXASBGE2018
    I have about 10,000sqft of lawn. A Backpack sprayer would have to be filled up 2-3 times this would only be 1 fill and less stress on my back. Plus better coverage.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Yard stuff. Planning on applying Plant Growth Regulator next season so I only have to mow 1-2 days a week instead of 3. Plus if I decide to start doing my own fert and weed control this will help a lot.

Only once a week, you are that kind of neighbour!  Do you do “no mow May”? 🤣😂

Makes sense. Wear rubber boots.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman said:

They say that for many, lawn care provides more satisfaction than coitus. Guess my ratio is off!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    paqman said:

They say that for many, lawn care provides more satisfaction than coitus. Guess my ratio is off!
    They must be doing something wrong 🤣😂

“Honey that’s the third time this week you used the schweatty balls excuse…”

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SWMBO’s birthday…ordered her a Varla Pegasus, will be great when she joins our neighborhood middle-aged scooter gang.

We plan on getting together as a group and start some dinner trips together in the Quarter and down town.  Scooters are allowed on the ferry, motorcycles and larger are not.

stock photos.  This is a commuter scooter, not a beast like mine.  Top speed of 28mph, quite a bit lighter.

That’s going to be nice for your size yard. Consider getting a 2,3 or 4 nozzle boom on it if the pump will handle it. Cuts down a lot of time and is cheap to do. If you are going to spray PGR you should also spray your pre-emergent. Super simple and so much more effective than the chemical companies. 
    Snellville, GA

• @kl8ton I posted in the wrong thread but no, I can’t find any pics and all I am getting is the rumor mill. I know a couple guys who run in the x9 circle and I’ll ask what they have heard. Not sure on injuries either.
    This is true, my brother sent me a screen shot from the new ag talk forum today and my father in law had heard the same thing.  I think Pro Ag was the dealer bringing them in.  Not a good day in a time of supply chain issues.

That’s going to be nice for your size yard. Consider getting a 2,3 or 4 nozzle boom on it if the pump will handle it. Cuts down a lot of time and is cheap to do. If you are going to spray PGR you should also spray your pre-emergent. Super simple and so much more effective than the chemical companies. 
    Yep that's the plan eventually. Gonna build the diy 2 nozzle boom that's on the lawn forum. Cost is about $100

This is true, my brother sent me a screen shot from the new ag talk forum today and my father in law had heard the same thing.  I think Pro Ag was the dealer bringing them in.  Not a good day in a time of supply chain issues.

Yep, Ag Pro snagged up all our Deere dealerships about 3 years ago.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662

Ya in peak summer it was 2-3 days a week. I work from home so I can get out there at 5pm or even lunch if need be and if just mowing, finish in about 45min. Having said that, I am using the regulator next year mostly to cut back on that schedule. I don't mind it but I'd rather spend time on other stuff. A side effect of the slower growth, it also greens up the yard a bit and thickens the canopy. You think my lawns nice you should see @FATC1TY s he is on the lawn forum and his yard is next level.

takes about 5 to 6 weeks to resead itself here.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SWMBO’s birthday…ordered her a Varla Pegasus, will be great when she joins our neighborhood middle-aged scooter gang.

We plan on getting together as a group and start some dinner trips together in the Quarter and down town.  Scooters are allowed on the ferry, motorcycles and larger are not.

stock photos.  This is a commuter scooter, not a beast like mine.  Top speed of 28mph, quite a bit lighter.

I'm looking for a more compact version of one of those. Something that comes with a sling that you can carry over your shoulder when folded up. The purpose would be for my son to make shorter treks on the scooter going to university, then carry, when he gets onto the train into town, or into his classes.  Train station is like a 3 minute drive from my house, and right now he's taking a car there ... would be nice to have something like this, but smaller for that 1.5 km ride.

Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ninebot
    Shared E-Scooter Pilot  Shared E-Scooter Pilot

5 Tips for DUI Checkpoints  Davis Law Group

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    SWMBO’s birthday…ordered her a Varla Pegasus, will be great when she joins our neighborhood middle-aged scooter gang.

I'm looking for a more compact version of one of those. Something that comes with a sling that you can carry over your shoulder when folded up. The purpose would be for my son to make shorter treks on the scooter going to university, then carry, when he gets onto the train into town, or into his classes.  Train station is like a 3 minute drive from my house, and right now he's taking a car there ... would be nice to have something like this, but smaller for that 1.5 km ride.

He might want to consider a folding bike like a Brompton. Quite compact and significantly lighter.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ninebot
    Just need something like that, but light ... and with a neat way to sling it over your shoulder.
  • HeavyG said:

He might want to consider a folding bike like a Brompton. Quite compact and significantly lighter.

I don't think he'll want to lug that around ... too bulky.  Maybe I need to design something ... lol. Most lightweight, slingable e-bike.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:

I don't think he'll want to lug that around ... too bulky.  Maybe I need to design something ... lol. Most lightweight, slingable e-bike.

Just how compact do you think one of those scooters is? Here's a Ninebot that @nolaegghead suggested:

The Brompton is ten pounds lighter and folds into a more compact package.

I get it tho - the e-scooters are all the rage these days. Of course this is what we've all been waiting for...