Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I use timers & stopwatches all the time so having that built into the watch is insanely useful for me. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    9 lbs of brisket to grind for my chili entry Saturday 

$2,99 lb. , nice.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:
    iPhone 14 Pro and Apple Watch ultra. 

ETA on the watch is November 
    I don't get the attraction of the Ultra watch. 
    The battery life alone makes it worth it IMHO.  The larger and brighter display with saphire glass.  Platinum…
    As an Apple stock holder, I appreciate everyone that buys one. I have the series 5 and it lasts long enough for me. I'll probably get the series 12 when it comes out in 4 years.

• WeberWho said:
    Healthy people call these things yoga mats.

People who drink beer, like tools, and who are cheap bastards call them tool box drawer liners. 

Subway calls that bread!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:
    iPhone 14 Pro and Apple Watch ultra. 

ETA on the watch is November 
    I don't get the attraction of the Ultra watch. 
    The battery life alone makes it worth it IMHO.  The larger and brighter display with saphire glass.  Platinum…
    As an Apple stock holder, I appreciate everyone that buys one. I have the series 5 and it lasts long enough for me. I'll probably get the series 12 when it comes out in 4 years.

I was happy with my old series 3 but I sold it for nearly 1/2 the price I paid for it just before the series 7 release.  I sold it because it was the right time before it lost too much value but it was otherwise perfectly fine.  The always ON and larger display on the series 7 along with the rapid charge were nice upgrades.  We are now in the same situation with SWMBOs series 4.  She told me to order the new one last night and that she would take my series 7.  That was suspiciously easy! 🤔

Apple products typically have a very good reselling value but at one point it drops drastically.  That is the driver for me, not the small incremental features that they are adding to the new series.  Blood sugar readings is something that would make me to switch immediately, the rest is just nice to have.

edited September 2022
    Meat Church seasonings.   Out of a couple, specifically Holy Gospel, Holy Voodoo and Gospel
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    An obituary.  Hopefully, you have no familiarity with this, but geebus, that is expensive.  A 1-day obituary in 3 seperate papers was $1,400.

I need to rethink my plan for sending out secret messages to my followers.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    An obituary.  Hopefully, you have no familiarity with this, but geebus, that is expensive.  A 1-day obituary in 3 seperate papers was $1,400.

I’m sorry for your loss. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

Sorry for your loss.
    But thank you for supporting your newspapers - they need all the revenue they can get.
    An option for future needs - seems like most funeral homes provide web pages as part of their service. Just buy one or two lines in the local papers that refer them to the funeral home web page/obituary (but use bitly or tinyurl for a short link).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @Battleborn and @HeavyG , thank you for the thoughts.

@HeavyG , it was my wife's grandma and she was 92.  I suspect her generation still reads the paper and wouldn't know what to do with a link.  It is a very good idea though, and one that may become very common.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    @Battleborn and @HeavyG , thank you for the thoughts.

@HeavyG , it was my wife's grandma and she was 92.  I suspect her generation still reads the paper and wouldn't know what to do with a link.  It is a very good idea though, and one that may become very common.
    My great grandmother passed away this spring. Amazing woman. We figured the same and ended up doing both. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Had no idea they charged for obituaries; I thought that was "news".   :| 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    Locally your name and date of death is free. Anything more is extra.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    I did too.  I thought maybe $25 at the outside.  Needless to say, I was rather surprised.
  • Botch
    My sister and I had a lot of expenses to go over/split up after my Mom passed; I don't remember any "obituary" charge, and she had a nice writeup in the Argus Leader.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Botch said:
    My sister and I had a lot of expenses to go over/split up after my Mom passed; I don't remember any "obituary" charge, and she had a nice writeup in the Argus Leader.  

Possibly the funeral home that handled your mother submitted/paid for the newspaper charge as part of their services.
    Just looking it up The Argus Leader does charge for obituaries - maybe they didn't back when.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The funeral home takes care of this, and will bill you if the newspapers invoice them. If you pick a lot of non local newspapers you want the obit in, each newspaper can charge their fee back to your mortuary. And you get charged for them all.
  • Botch
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

Possibly the funeral home that handled your mother submitted/paid for the newspaper charge as part of their services.
    Just looking it up The Argus Leader does charge for obituaries - maybe they didn't back when.
    Actually Mom probably pre-paid that, she did on so many other EOL fees.  

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    Botch said:
    A replacement dozuki saw; I stupidly kinked the blade on my old one.  :bawling:

Been there, done that. Except when I did it I gave myself a nice little gash on my pointer finger.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Been there, done that. Except when I did it I gave myself a nice little gash on my pointer finger.
    I will neither confirm nor deny I could have possibly done the same thing.  

EDIT:  And it wasn't the pointer finger.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    You guys shave with that rig?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    More Kuiu gear for colder weather
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    SRF has a 15% off sale site wide on orders >$99.  Code is 54YEARS.  Duration not posted.  
    Yes, I did use the code.  
    No affiliation with SRF.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @Botch I see you purchase woodworking tools but I never see anything you use them on. Anywhere to view your work? New or old.  
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    @Botch I see you purchase woodworking tools but I never see anything you use them on. Anywhere to view your work? New or old.  
    I've posted pics of some things I built in my shop, but not too many pieces in my home yet; I'll try to remedy that a bit.  Photobucket's "bait-n-switch" move a couple years ago screwed things up a bit.  :angry: 

• Yeah Photobucket keeps emailing me asking if I want my pictures. They have a lot of photos about my work product over many years. They had already gotten very difficult to use before they held my pictures hostage for money. That was a real Richard move so it was sue them or decide that Photobucket doesn’t exist. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    Yeah Photobucket keeps emailing me asking if I want my pictures. They have a lot of photos about my work product over many years. They had already gotten very difficult to use before they held my pictures hostage for money. That was a real Richard move so it was sue them or decide that Photobucket doesn’t exist. 
    Pbucket just sucks. Screwed everyone and thinks holding accounts hostage is a big win
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it