Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: and I DO mean OT!: FaceBook question(s)! :OT

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I am “ForumDestoyer” on Facebook if anyone wants to send me a friend request.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BuckeyeFork
    Options
    John, a guy like you can’t have many friends because you are so manipulative and dishonest.  

I think the professional administrators at Duke College would be interested to know you can’t even spell destroyer.
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 684
    Options
    #NONEOFYOURBIZNESS
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited September 2022
    Options
    “Destroyer” is the correct spelling.  Too many Coors tonight? LOL
    And I’ll pass on the friend request offer.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Facebook does not care about your real identity.  They care about your digital identity, how you use your device, where you go, what and whom you interact with.  People think your name, and b-day, and your address are important.  They are not, this is already easily obtainable and is a commodity in today's world.  They are not selling ad time to someone named a certain name, they are selling it to someone that fits a certain digital profile based on their behavior.  Remember, we are providing plenty of information here on this forum compared to Facebook, and it is wide open to anyone, and any bot that is already tracking you here.  Lock your FB profile down (people only see what you let them see), enable two factor authentication and you will be fine.  Billions of people can't be wrong, right?
  • bradleya123
    Options
    No Facebook here either...
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    some older fishing tackle and repair places only use facebook for their sales so i set up an account that i rarely use, my account has no pics, no nothing added by me but somehow i get plenty of girls from hong kong, the philippenes, tiawan etc that land there.  im on the maine lakes trolling site for the mean spirited drunks but it came in useful for guide contacts on the lake, if they see my boat i usually get a call and trade info on current productive areas to fish. the only other group i watch is the sebago comunity bulleten which maybe 5 percent of the info is useful...roads closed, down burst storms leveling areas which is becoming more common around me, where camps are getting robbed etc. @rrp, theres alot of useless drivel but there is some good to it....you could friend me but i will never see it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    John, a guy like you can’t have many friends because you are so manipulative and dishonest.  

I think the professional administrators at Duke College would be interested to know you can’t even spell destroyer.
    Indeed.  Please don't tell anyone at Duke College in Duram, SC.  I fear for my future employment.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I'm fine with Facebook. I use it to post food and travel pics for family and friends to enjoy, as I enjoy theirs. 

It's helped me stay in touch or reconnect with old friends as far back as elementary school. It helped initiate a family reunion in Philadelphia a couple of years ago.

And, maybe best of all, I never need to remember a birthday or buy a card. Just a FB shoutout when it's someone's birthday and that's that!

I stay out of national or local political or societal BS. That's what BBQ forums are for, amirite?

As far as the data mining and tracking, IDGAF. 

Have at it. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    No facespace, instapic, tocktick, twittweet or anything else here either. This forum, a shotgun forum, and a golf cart (tricked out buggy) forum are it for me. This is the only forum I post on and do so sparingly. Facebook and all the others are curated content. It's so hard to get the teenagers to realize that. You are not seeing someone else's life, you are seeing only what they want you to see which is almost always just the best...if it's even true. No judgement, just most certainly not for me.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    No facespace, instapic, tocktick, twittweet or anything else here either. This forum, a shotgun forum, and a golf cart (tricked out buggy) forum are it for me. This is the only forum I post on and do so sparingly. Facebook and all the others are curated content. It's so hard to get the teenagers to realize that. You are not seeing someone else's life, you are seeing only what they want you to see which is almost always just the best...if it's even true. No judgement, just most certainly not for me.
    I don't use my Facebook page at all....I just come here to show off my great bestest photography skills to make the little people feel bad about their pics...😁🤩😃😝 And use emojis...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    I thought I was out of touch for not joining Facebook. I feel better already…. (-:😎
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Haven't had a Facebook account since like 2007.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.