Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Formula 1 Hungary (race Sunday, July 31st) USA broadcast info-OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,536
All sessions will be broadcast on the ESPN channels-Times below are EDT-channel assignments not yet finalized.
For your planning/viewing pleasure- Last race before the summer break til the end of August.

RACE WEEKEND

31JUL

Race

09:00 - 11:00

30JUL

Qualifying

10:00 - 11:00

30JUL

Practice 3

07:00 - 08:00

29JUL

Practice 2

11:00 - 12:00

29JUL

Practice 1

08:00 - 09:00

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    Options
    Here's the requisite bump to make sure you are aware when you ignore.  Closing in as the game begins Friday. B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Back to the front as the race rolls on ESPN at 9 AM (EDT) Sunday, July 31st.  Record your Sunday news shows or the race but make time for the race.  
    At least the race has interesting story lines-the Sunday new shows are a recap of the pablum of the week interspersed with some insightful guests.
    BTW- Manchin is scheduled to hit 'em all, This Week on ABC, Fox News Sunday, Face the Nation on CBS, Meet the Press on NBC, and Late Edition on CNN.
    My recommendation - the race!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    Options
    Team Ferrari just keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, don’t they?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I cannot believe the Ferrari strategy sessions.  This is the third or fourth race this year where the game plan as designed and executed has resulted in failure.  Perhaps a shake-up over the four week summer break??  Wouldn't surprise me.  
    BTW- quite a 360 spin recovery move by Verstappen.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I cannot believe the Ferrari strategy sessions.  This is the third or fourth race this year where the game plan as designed and executed has resulted in failure.  Perhaps a shake-up over the four week summer break??  Wouldn't surprise me.  
    BTW- quite a 360 spin recovery move by Verstappen.  
    Climbing 10 positions on that track is incredible as was Hamiltons run. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Verstappen had help from some questionable moves by the teams of those ahead at the start but there is no question he is extremely talented as are all on that circuit.  
    Pro tip here:  Do not watch a Formula 1 race and then go out for a personal speed run.  Fortunately no real issues but I was pushing my old-age comfort zone quite hard.  I just need to give that move a pass.  BTW- slow learner as today was not the first time.  
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Ferrari could literally screw up spaghetti at this point. The last 2 weeks have been a master class on how not to be successful at the F1 level. 
  • Arminho
    Arminho Posts: 14
    Options
    Ferrari is making it painful to watch. What a poop show
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    Ferrari strategy has been questionable for at least the last couple of seasons, but is more apparent this year with a competitive car.  They're really working hard on the trifecta of poor strategy, questionable reliability and driver errors.  

Verstappen was out of position at #10 on the grid but still really impressive driving to dominate the second half of the race.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'm a strategy engineer for an LMP3 team racing Weathertech. Probably at least 10 steps down the ladder from F1 level but if I made half the mistakes they make I'd have already been fired. It blows my mind, almost seems intentional. There is no way the announcers, drivers, and fans should all understand the strategy better than a team of what really should be experts with access to far more data. Don't get me wrong everyone makes mistakes but they're making mistakes almost every time and F1 strategy is actually pretty straight forward, they don't even fuel anymore.

I think the last race was worse when Ferrari tried to pit Sainz while he was setting up the overtake already. They clearly have no faith in the tires and no will to "risk" going beyond some tire life algorithm they come up with pre race.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @BSR - quite a position right there.  I am sure you are the only race strategy engineer on this forum.  Regardless of level in the hierarchy, gotta be a unique and challenging experience.  Thanks for your comments.  
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    Options
    It's definitely a fun job most of the time, although I'm sure it hasn't been for Binotto recently...

Honestly at this point I bet even the crew is second guessing him. I'm pretty sure in our race if I made a tire call that bad our tire carriers would have come up to the box and been asking a few questions... "Are you crazy? Drunk? High?"

I know for damn sure if I told Sainz to box at that point in the race our team owner would relieve me of my headset lol.

• lousubcap
    Options
    There used to be an "Agree" option for posts but that has been MIA for quite a while.  So, when you see ICASIL , that's "I can't agree so I like".  My case with the above post from BSR.