Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peruvian-ish … Turkey

Options
We were running low on @Nature Boy’s rubs, so ordered some of the usual suspects (Tsunami Spin for @The Cen-Tex Smoker’s awesome pork). Our supplier was listing Peruvian-ish so we got one of those too. SWMBO thought it would well with turkey so we did that tonight. It was a winner, standard cooking technique but with the new rub instead of Mad Max. Added some cherry smoke too, really worked with the rub. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    As always-nailed that cook.  Great looking skin tone developing right there.  
    I am in your camp with tucking the wing tips on any poultry cook.  Much more even cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    That’s a beautiful cook. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Fine looking cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Looks awesome. I haven’t tried that one yet. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    @Stormbringer Thanks for sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat! That looks delicious. I was pleased with the blend when I released Peruvian-ish, and I will admit it is one of our seasonings that still makes me giddy each time I taste it. Appreciate the kind words sir! Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a good lookin' bird! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.