Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomorrow is National Chicken Wing Day

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited July 2022 in EggHead Forum
I have 2 1/2# defrosted in the frig to dry out.
Unsure at this time as to what rubs I'll use . . . so many selections  :s

What are you all doing?

http://www.nationalchickenwingday.com
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Picked up a pack at Sam's today for $2.75lb. Not bad considering the current economy. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Happy NCWD to all who celebrate it!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • loco_engr
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Sorry for not giving you credit as the OP
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    lousubcap said:
    Sorry for not giving you credit as the OP
     Otho g wrong with a second post. He was premature.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Nothing worse than premature (other than the obvious) when trying to offer a heads up to those who wait til the last minute.
    Any assistance in spreading the word is welcomed.  
    Besides- I am only guessing at the contents/meaning of the post above from @Photo Egg.
    Enjoy the evening and stay healthy and safe out there-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Nothing worse than premature (other than the obvious) when trying to offer a heads up to those who wait til the last minute.
    Any assistance in spreading the word is welcomed.  
    Besides- I am only guessing at the contents/meaning of the post above from @Photo Egg.
    Enjoy the evening and stay healthy and safe out there-

No hidden meaning buddy. But I don’t have a problem with someone making a second post, unknown, that another member had already posted something similar a day or couple weeks earlier. So no guessing needed.
    But it’s great that you took the time to link your post to this post just in case someone missed your post the first time. It was a good read.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    Options
    To close the loop, very late to the party and sunset at around 8:45 PM (EDT) tonight-
    But here's my offering to the wing Gods:

That thing in the front is a hatch chile.  They arrived in fly over country this week. (Timing another indication of the over-heated weather patterns of late.  Usually see 'em in Sep.)
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    There are two wings national day threads!?!? 🤣😂

So be it!  (in random vanilla order)

Options
    Correct-there are two threads rolling but in deference to the day and the OP who thought enough to offer the alert to ensure appropriate offerings, we are all grateful.  
    Besides, they now taste twice as nice.   :D
  • loco_engr
    Options
    @paqman . . . nice looking cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: