Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food pr0n at its finest

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
I am posting this so nobody misses it; Sam gets a surprise, a Japanese A5 "drunken" wagyu Picanha, and cooks it up.  A $1,000 piece of cow that was raised on saké mash.  Dayam.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo52Rm-NF6g

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    😳😳😳

edited June 2022
    Options
    Not impressed. I once spent $1000 on half a days worth of shoe paste. I was snorting it at the time because it was black and all my loafers were brown. Speaking of brown loafers, shout out to dad for father's Day.

😁
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I am 53 years old, and I am not sure I have spent $1000 on beef in my entire lifetime!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I am 53 years old, and I am not sure I have spent $1000 on beef in my entire lifetime!
    You are missing out on something then!

Options
    What follows is a link to an A5 thread- at least once and definitely should be a bucket list item:  Never have done crack but this stuff is dang near addictive.  Fortunately the richness allows for a few banquets from the nominal 0.9-0.98 lb /steak buy.  Cast iron rolling at around 500*F for the quick sear for the win.  Thank me later.  
    Wagyu - per MASHED  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 321
    Options
    A5 is something I don't think I'll ever attempt to cook. Way too expensive of a learning curve. The only place I'll indulge is in a restaurant that knows what it's doing. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @CP92 - you can easily get three shots at the nominal 0.8-0.9 lb A5 home delivered for much less than what a steakhouse will charge.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 321
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CP92 - you can easily get three shots at the nominal 0.8-0.9 lb A5 home delivered for much less than what a steakhouse will charge.  FWIW-

I get it. The point I'm making is, I would rather avoid the mistakes leading up to getting it right. I LOVE shrimp and grits. Just don't want to invest the time and effort getting my product to the level I'm accustomed to enjoying. I don't eat it enough to justify the money, time, and effort. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Looks like we’ll marbled Spam  :)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .