Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE and Gas Grill

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    edited April 2022
    Options
    danhoo said:
    danhoo said:
    I'm looking for a wall to wall griddle for my genesis 1000 so I'll have a flat top and roti grill 
    Maybe two of these?

https://arteflame.com/products/grill-grate-replacements

I want one fullsize griddle, with a back splash, side splash and a grease channel.   I saw one once but the person didn't know where it came from.  Genesis x000s and Silver Bs share the same size cooking grates, so this would be a cheap and easy wanna be flat top.

Look up Little Griddle Pro or Steelmade.

https://www.bbqguys.com/grill-accessories/little-griddle?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 688
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thanks @Ozzie_Isaac

little griddle would be awesome, but it is one inch too wide :(

hold on. dimensions included the handle...

Specifications:
    Material - 100% Stainless Steel
    Limited Lifetime Warranty
    Removable Handles
    4" Sidewall Height (2" above cooking surface)
    Dim. W/Handles - 25" W x 16.0" D x 6.5" H
    Dim. W/O Handles: 23.5" W x 16.0" D x 4.0" H

I think this will fit... 

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    danhoo said:
    danhoo said:
    I'm looking for a wall to wall griddle for my genesis 1000 so I'll have a flat top and roti grill 
    Maybe two of these?

https://arteflame.com/products/grill-grate-replacements

I want one fullsize griddle, with a back splash, side splash and a grease channel.   I saw one once but the person didn't know where it came from.  Genesis x000s and Silver Bs share the same size cooking grates, so this would be a cheap and easy wanna be flat top.

There are a lot of options available.
    I had a Genesis 2000 years ago and had one of these types:

It may not have been that specific one (I don't remember the grill area dimensions and mine did not have the removable handles) but you can find one of the appropriate size on Amazon or the Little Griddle site. I've seen full size cast iron plancha types before but don't recall a brand or web site.
    Link for the griddle above:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,568
    Options
    How old are you  ;)
    canuckland
  • danhoo
    Options
    How old are you  ;)
    Old enough to know better.

Young enough to try it anyway. 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,568
    edited April 2022
    Options
    danhoo said:
    How old are you  ;)
    Old enough to know better.

Young enough to try it anyway. 
    Sorry, I was joking with @HeavyG 😂
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    How old are you  ;)

Apparently I'm so old that I can't remember to read thru all the recently added posts on a thread I refresh before I post something that has already been said  a little earlier. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,816
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    How old are you  ;)

Apparently I'm so old that I can't remember to read thru all the recently added posts on a thread I refresh before I post something that has already been said  a little earlier. :)
    Nope.  That's not it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,912
    Options
    Here is my rig a Blaze LTE natural gas grill and XL BGE in a Challenger Costal 83 table
    Cool...BTW any fish in that lake? Swimming permitted? Any trouble with Canadian geese?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Here is my rig a Blaze LTE natural gas grill and XL BGE in a Challenger Costal 83 table
    How do you like the Blaze? I greatly regret not buying their kamado. 
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    How old are you  ;)
    I was going to make a joke about having a genesis near the time of Jesus's death, because that's how it read to me at first. You beat me to it.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The Blaze is a beast, it's a great addiction to what you see as well as my pellet grill, highly recommended. So the pellet gets the long cooks the blaze gets the short cooks and the Egg gets what needs to taste the best.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • danhoo
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    How old are you  ;)

Nope.  That's not it

HaHa. Now I see it.

Wow, that took me too long to catch that. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    Blaze makes quality stuff. I have the 3 burner pro series gasser, the pro series power burner and their outdoor fridge. Warranty is great as is customer service. I couldn’t splurge on the kamado! 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Napolean with egg
  • Tspud1
    Options
    I'm looking to add a gas grill for quicker cooks on weeknights that would complement my BGE.  Any suggestions on a gas grill?

I'm also thinking about purchasing a table for my large BGE.  Any suggestions on an affordable table would also be appreciated.
    Here is a good site to do homework and compare. They have free shipping
    https://www.bbqguys.com/bbq-grills-smokers/gas-grills
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I'm looking to add a gas grill for quicker cooks on weeknights that would complement my BGE.  Any suggestions on a gas grill?

I'm also thinking about purchasing a table for my large BGE.  Any suggestions on an affordable table would also be appreciated.
    Here is a good site to do homework and compare. They have free shipping
    https://www.bbqguys.com/bbq-grills-smokers/gas-grills
    That is were I bought all of my outdoor kitchen stuff from, except a few things from American Renaissance.  They were fantastic to deal with, highly recommend them.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Napolean with egg
    Very Nice!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • danhoo
    Options

Should have asked, what's your budget.

This one is on sale, a floor model for under 10K.

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Napolean with egg
    Wow that’s really beautiful.  Do you make any with wooden cabinets and a granite top?  
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Napolean with egg
    Wow that’s really beautiful.  Do you make any with wooden cabinets and a granite top?  

Sorry, we make commercial gas cooking equipment and the stainless egg tables are a nice addition to that line. We dont have wood in any of our products. There some nice wood tables out there and you can find cheap and tricked out ones. Just beware of the staining and splinters and loosening of fasteners over time. Good luck
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Ever since I bought a Recteq the built in gas grill has been collecting dust. Smoked some Jerk Chicken legs yesterday using a SKOO smoke tube with Pimento Wood pellets. 
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    I browsed the Napoleon grill site, $2,349 starting price  .... sheesh. I can get 2 more BGE for that !
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Hansm said:
    I browsed the Napoleon grill site, $2,349 starting price  .... sheesh. I can get 2 more BGE for that !
    Gots to go large or go home
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Others have posted here that they love their Napoleons and I respect that. My experience has been different. Within months, starters failed and I discerned rust developing in multiple places. The company did make some attempts to make it right, but I have been underwhelmed. Were I to do it again - and I will have to soon because the longevity of my grill is questionable - I will likely go Weber. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Hansm said:
    There is a seller on eBay that sells “freight damaged” Napoleon grills.  Free shipping from Lincoln NE.  Some pretty good deals! This was a drop in one ($500) and I built the cart so it’s portable till I get the outdoor kitchen done.

• danhoo
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Others have posted here that they love their Napoleons and I respect that. My experience has been different. Within months, starters failed and I discerned rust developing in multiple places. The company did make some attempts to make it right, but I have been underwhelmed. Were I to do it again - and I will have to soon because the longevity of my grill is questionable - I will likely go Weber. 

I'm not sure I would buy a new weber gasser. 

My 2016 Genesis E330 collects water inside the cabinet. The bottom floor is not made to drain water well, and water gets in even when covered.

A friend's 2016 Genesis E310 has even more rust than mine, and it needs some attention this summer.

I have a handful of older genesis grills that I collected last summer and the older style carts are in better shape than the newer ones. 

This one is a (not yet restored) 1990 cook box and lid on an unrestored 1998 cart. The original wood from the 1990 genesis 3 was gone, but the cart is in great condition.