Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork 2022

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited January 2022 in EggHead Forum

8.75# Boston Butt 

Rubbed with EVOO and Sweet Mama rub night before and wrapped in foil overnight. 

Prepped Egg day before with Pecan chunks mixed in lump. (One large handful chunk from woodworker friend, split into pieces). 

5:15am lit fire 

6:00am with plate setter temp settled at 250* but still smoking off the pecan. Pecan continued to catch and smoke. Trying to let it settle and stop. 

8:15am. On at 250*.  Settled at 280*. 

12:15pm; 165*.  wrapped in butcher paper. 

1:50pm; 180*. 

5:20pm; 9 hours in and 192* IT and probes like butter in multiple places. Rest for 1 hour 15 minutes. 

Fat cap down. 

Drip pan raised w/ foil balls. 

Wrap in butcher paper at 165* after bark sets.  

Pull at 192* and “probe like butter”. 

Rest wrapped in paper in dry cooler, lid open for 5 minutes, for 1 hour, 15 minutes. 

Dip Sauce; North Carolina Lexington Dip BBQ Sauce Recipe by Meathead, w/ 2T. Sweet Mama BBQ rub, 1T. Worcestershire sauce, 1T. Honey, and 1t. Dijon mustard. 

Homemade Baked beans, homemade coleslaw, Martin’s potato rolls, store bought macaroni salad. Store bought sweet BBQ sauce and Mustard Sauce.

SWMBO said “Oh my God, this is so good.”  

Finally nailed pulled pork technique. 

Sorry for sideways pics. They look right on my phone.  And I so wanted to have this look right  

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments