Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question (maybe emergency)

Options
Doing brisket using Travis method. It needs to be done at 1pm. In fact it is done now. Can I lower grid temp to 200 and just let it sit in the liquid?  Or should I pull it and ftc now?  Plan is to serve it at 3pm.  

Thanks everybody 
Norwell, MA. LBGE

Comments

• Spaceman
    Options
    The answer is:  get egg to 180 and let it sit in the liquid. Meat temp stayed pretty much at 200. Then get egg up to 220 until meat is 205, then ftc at 1140. 

Not sure it is the right answer. We will find out in a couple of hours 
    Norwell, MA. LBGE
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    I think you did the right thing. Had a brisket finish too early and we FTC'd right away, for over 4h ... I think that dried out the brisket funny enough. 

The absolute right way to do it is to judge your finish when you hit around 160F to 165F.  Then adjust the temperature so you hit 205F within 30 minutes of your window. 

FTC in a 1h (min) to 2h (max) window is fine after that.  Others will object, but that's how I prefer to do it, and it works for me.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!