Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sad day for MN Eggers

Options
One of the great kitchen stores in MN, Kitchen Window, announced its closure.   Doug was excellent to work with.  We’ve done a handful of cooking classes here and it’s where we purchased our Egg.  I’m sure the chaos of the last two years with the pandemic and challenges in Minneapolis have been hard.  

Mankato, MN - LBGE

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    That's too bad. You would have thought business would have been good to them with people staying home and cooking more. I've only made it in a time or two but a neat place nonetheless. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That’s terrible news. I hope it’s just “it’s time to move on” and not health reasons.
    Wish the owners and all their employees the best.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    Options
    The owner of Northern BBQ could use some extra customers if anyone is looking for a place for their bbq needs in the Twin Cities. The owner nearly lost his life a month or two in a tragic accident. One of his first concerns when waking up was who was running the store. The owner lives and breathes Q. Top notch guy. I did hear he was released but looking at a long recovery ahead. 

If not local I highly recommended his bbq sauce called The Devil's Own. His ghost chili bbq sauce is one of the best sauces I've had. It's worth the order if anyone is looking for a new sauce or sauces this Christmas. (It's not really hot but the flavor is fantastic)

Here is the link for anyone interested:

https://www.lucky19.com/

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @WeberWho - I'm not big on sauces but I just ordered a three pack of the ghost chili sauce.  Proud of the shipping charge and FedEx to boot.  Looking forward to giving it a run.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Options
    I will second @WeberWho on "The Devils Own" a buddy of mine brought me two bottles about a year ago when passing through. That sauce is right up there with Hoboken Eddies sauce offerings.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - I'm not big on sauces but I just ordered a three pack of the ghost chili sauce.  Proud of the shipping charge and FedEx to boot.  Looking forward to giving it a run.
    Much appreciated @lousubcap

I should have been a little more clear above. Lucky 19 is his bbq sauce company and The Devil's Own Ghost Chili sauce is my current favorite. I hope you like it. I've watched on several different occasions where the owner would recommend 3-4 different sauces before mentioning anything about his sauces. (He doesn't mention or put any signs indicating that it's his sauce) He puts it up against others without pimping his sauce. Cool to see. 

Minnesota
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dang . . . if I wasn't knee deep in bbq sauces, i'm intrigued withe The Devils Own.  Bookmarked for future use.
    Thanks for posting this
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap