Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ever heard of.....

debander
debander Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
John Henry rub. Went to my local BGE dealer[Bassmiers in Evansville,Ind] on saturday to pick up a rib rack. Can't believe I bought something I could make in thirty mins but did not have time to mess around in the garage. While picking up the rack I spotted some rub on display. The sales clerk told me the John Henry rub was highly suggested and I bought the mild[8 bucks]. I took it home and worked up four racks of ribs and was really pleased with the taste. Bassmiers told me that they were looking to have a Eggfeast sometime soon in Evansville and they were looking to start stocking Dizzy Pig rub sometime soon. Bassmiers has alot of eggcessaries.
Randy

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    debander, John Henry has been makingthe private brand BGE rubs for some time. In addition, John Henry has been at the last two EGGtoberfests and is a super nice guy. Good rubs.

• debander,
    I also got some John Henry rub at a BGE dealer in Albuquerque. I did some wings with the Pig Rub and my girlfriend really liked it, said it was sweeter. Maybe because I use DP Firewalk for most of my wing, with extra chili powder. I try different rubs and let people decide what they like. Will try John Henry Pecan rub on drumsticks for next cook.[p]Andres

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Zunibbq,that pecan rub is good stuff.

• debander,
    Please keep us informed if an eggfest in Evansville materializes. I'm trying to get my brother, who works at the local Yamaha dealer, to start egging and this might be the incentive he needs. I send him pictures but nothing replaces a little first hand experience.[p]Bruce

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    debander,
    Are you from Evansville? I am just across the river in Mt Carmel, Illinois. E mail me sometime.

• Wise One,[p]John Henry does have a great line up of rubs. While they are a little more expensive than regular rubs.. you pay for what you get.[p]I got some JH for a wedding gift (some time ago) and have been using his stuff ever since.
    [ul][li]A few John Henry Rubs Listed here[/ul]
  • debander,
    I'm from Mt. Vernon and I got my Lg egg from Bassmeiers the day after Christmas. The Dizzy Pig rubs are great.

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    debander,[p]John Henry rubs are good. I really like his Wild Cherry Chipolte rub on some smoked chicken thighs. Perfect.[p]John
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    debander,
    That is cool if they do. I'm hoping to come on down your way this spring to see the LST docked on the river. An Eggfest there would be great.

• debander,
    While dizzy pig is the best, I do love John Henry's Maple Sugar Rub. I even got to meet him at eggtoberfest 2005. Its great on chicken, flank steak, Salmon, ABT's, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure.

• I really like this John Henry rub and glad there is other flavors. I am going to stop there in the next day or so and see if they have the other flavors mentioned in your replys.
    If you are within driving distance of Evansville you should call or email Bassmiers and mention you would like to see a Eggfest at their business. That would be cool to have a fest so I could get some more cooking ideas. When speaking with the guys at Bassmiers they advised they follow this forum on a regular basis so maybe we could start a petition to get them going with it. They told me they were a distributor the for midwest and sold 900 eggs last year. I do know they have a good selection of eggcessories.
    Our local news weatherman features a BGE on his weather forcast. They are always cooking something during the weather guessing segment. I know the food looks alot better than his forecast.[p]Randy
    Chandler,In

• LoNOx
    LoNOx Posts: 27
    debander,
    I'll vote for an Evansville Eggfest! I'm only an hour away.