Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre Sale Question...XL!!

2»

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    DrumMum said:
    We made it to Illinois last night...forgot to take a pic ....still have 9 hours driving on my clock!
    Yes I'm an Over The Road Trucker!

The guys at GSM in New Ulm helped me out.
    GSM1904.

YA, Pink CB.  Pink and White Rosary Beads!
    I just wanted to say Thanks for doing what you do. OTR Trucker’s are very important to our economy as we are all finding that out the hard way. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DrumMum
    DrumMum Posts: 26
    We made it home at around 2315 (11:15 pm).

They had a really tall guy help lift it in the seat ..that was helpful.  Luckily, husband just bought a little John Deere....although, I'm not sure the loader will be able to handle the weight!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Don't know if you've already done this, but scan your receipts,  and save them somewhere that's easily accessible. When needed, warranty claims can be made with any dealer. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DrumMum
    caliking said:
    Don't know if you've already done this, but scan your receipts,  and save them somewhere that's easily accessible. When needed, warranty claims can be made with any dealer. 

Thanks for that tip!  
  • DrumMum
    ColtsFan said:
    DrumMum said:
    We made it to Illinois last night...forgot to take a pic ....still have 9 hours driving on my clock!
    Yes I'm an Over The Road Trucker!

The guys at GSM in New Ulm helped me out.
    GSM1904.

YA, Pink CB.  Pink and White Rosary Beads!
    I just wanted to say Thanks for doing what you do. OTR Trucker’s are very important to our economy as we are all finding that out the hard way. 
    Thank you!  I appreciate that.
  • DrumMum
    So, this may have been an impulse buy...I had been considering going bigger for awhile. 

My birthday was Oct. 19.  However, on that day our local fire chief was in dire straights with Covid.  He is also our granddaughter's other Pappy.  Our daughter and his son are the parents of our 5 year old granddaughter, and live together.  He was also our car mechanic, his garage is a block from our house.  He would take our granddaughter around town in a golf cart.
    He was a good guy.  Anyways, he died from Covid on my birthday. Everyone was just devastated.
    I don't know if you guys "name" your eggs, but all I kept thinking was, "I'm gonna name my egg Keith."

• larryd
    larryd Posts: 121
    I started with an XL and have no regrets. I do have a large and medium at our Lakehouse too!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Sorry to learn about Kieth. I've never been a namer of things, but it would be nice to reminisce about Kieth as flames are spewing from the egg.  Sounds appropriate for an ex fire Chief.