Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Buy some popcorn… help a Cub Scout out… and Operation BBQ Relief, too.

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    piney said:
    If Caliprince needs more support tell him Uncle Piney has his back, if not aunt Sandy does.

Much appreciated, @piney :) I will definitely let him know.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    @dbcooper - good tip!

Glad you received your order. I didn't think they would ship so soon. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Way to close the loop.  Always glad to help budding entrepreneurs.  And thanks for the reminder.  We are now into the October shipping  window for all the chocolate coated things I ordered.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Way to close the loop.  Always glad to help budding entrepreneurs.  And thanks for the reminder.  We are now into the October shipping  window for all the chocolate coated things I ordered.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Yep, they should be shipping soon. Hope you enjoy them!

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Congratulations to my little buddy! I can't wait to see y'all again.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • caliking
    Options
    piney said:
    Congratulations to my little buddy! I can't wait to see y'all again.
    Likewise, @piney. Its been too long.

• Coastal_OReggON
    Options
    Congratulations to Caliprince!  I'm happy he did well and scored a snow cone machine. 

Love the thank you card he made for us too!  Thank you for the update!
    Curry County, OR
    LBGE
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Eli's has been going to Lowes to sell popcorn. He's been doing well at it. 20 dollars a bag. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    For those who may have ordered chocolate products thru Trail's End, I just received this email:
    "We wanted to provide an update on your Trail's End order containing chocolate. Due to unseasonably warm weather, we were unable to begin shipping orders containing chocolate products until mid-October. We are working to ship all pre-order purchases as quickly as possible and expect to ship your product by November 5th. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. "
    Hold on just a bit longer-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    My daughter's friend's dad and her brother knocked on my door asking me to buy popcorn yesterday.  I reluctantly signed up for a can (I hate door to door fundraisers since I was a kid).  My question is how big of a can is it because it was $25?

If I could have simply handed the kid cash instead I would have because I don't really want what they are selling and would rather have 100% of the donation go to scouts, not a popcorn manufacturer.
  • caliking
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For those who may have ordered chocolate products thru Trail's End, I just received this email:
    "We wanted to provide an update on your Trail's End order containing chocolate. Due to unseasonably warm weather, we were unable to begin shipping orders containing chocolate products until mid-October. We are working to ship all pre-order purchases as quickly as possible and expect to ship your product by November 5th. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. "
    Hold on just a bit longer-

Its cooled down quite a bit here, in the past 2 weeks, so hoping you don't receive a bagged clump of chocolate :)

• caliking
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    My daughter's friend's dad and her brother knocked on my door asking me to buy popcorn yesterday.  I reluctantly signed up for a can (I hate door to door fundraisers since I was a kid).  My question is how big of a can is it because it was $25?

If I could have simply handed the kid cash instead I would have because I don't really want what they are selling and would rather have 100% of the donation go to scouts, not a popcorn manufacturer.
    Are they selling for Cub/Boy Scouts? We only had bagged products - no tins. I think the popcorn was in 9oz bags (regular size of Lay's chips,  from the grocery store, was 7.75oz).

My understanding is that about 1/3rd is the cost of the product. 1/3rd to BSA, 1/3rd to the scout troop. 

With Boy Scouts, there's  an option to donate to American Heroes ($30, $100, $250, or other). No popcorn, and the scout and troop supposedly get credit for the full amount. 

But, this is all least about the popcorn. It would have been far cheaper/easier/quicker for me to have paid the dues (popcorn sales offset annual dues), and to just buy the prize that caliprince wanted. 

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    caliking said:
    RyanStl said:

Are they selling for Cub/Boy Scouts? We only had bagged products - no tins. I think the popcorn was in 9oz bags (regular size of Lay's chips,  from the grocery store, was 7.75oz).

My understanding is that about 1/3rd is the cost of the product. 1/3rd to BSA, 1/3rd to the scout troop. 

With Boy Scouts, there's  an option to donate to American Heroes ($30, $100, $250, or other). No popcorn, and the scout and troop supposedly get credit for the full amount. 

But, this is all least about the popcorn. It would have been far cheaper/easier/quicker for me to have paid the dues (popcorn sales offset annual dues), and to just buy the prize that caliprince wanted. 
    I believe Boys, it was a tan uniform and tins.