Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yet another outstanding company recommendation! This time OXO

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
Years back I purchased an OXO Good Grips Food Scale with 11 pound capacity with lighted pull out display. It was the top product recommended by Cook's Illustrated. I use it constantly and love it! Today a symbol popped up that looked like a backwards capital L. I no longer have the manual and just assumed it meant Low battery but replacing them did nothing. So I called OXO customer service. The lady barely hesitated after I asked her my question and she said - I've never heard of that, but what's your address and we will send you a replacement! I said oh this is out of warranty...she said, no, we want to replace it! She took my address and that was that!!! $51.99 value without S&H charges! Can't beat that that for customer service!!! VIVA OXO!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    That's how ALL businesses should be!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    The majority of “Highly Recommended” toys emerging on “America’s Test Kitchen” are from Oxo, and I have many of them.
    Good to hear their Customer Service is as good as their designs. 

I may be requiring another Food Scale soon, but that’s another thread.   ;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I have an Oxo mandolin and vegetable peeler. Good stuff.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I have that scale. I like it. I was a little disappointed that it didn't measure really small amounts very well. So I bought a small Dopeman scale for measuring yeast. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2021
    Oxo ruined their scrubby brush. They used to last years using the replaceable bristles. The last 2 I've had broke within a few months.  Oxo apologized saying they redesigned it recently, albeit poorly, but would send me a replacement under warranty. It broke in less than a month. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Their tongs are great. I had the 12" tongs go limp because of the spring mechanism going bad. I asked them to sell me the part and then sent new 12" tongs shipped free. The ones I had were at least 5 years out of warranty. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Why is "palindrome" not a palindrome?