Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: If you live in New England

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Although this is awfully close:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I am quite sure I am one of the few here who recalls where they were when Bucky hit that shot in 1978.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    well that was easy considering all the doom and gloom that a redsox fan feels going into a big yankee game, bet that feeling never goes away. anyone need a ticket stub from june 19, 2000.  fenways biggest loss, 22-1 yankees. ive got one
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    well that was easy considering all the doom and gloom that a redsox fan feels going into a big yankee game, bet that feeling never goes away. anyone need a ticket stub from june 19, 2000.  fenways biggest loss, 22-1 yankees. ive got one
    I went to college in Boston. My family had season tickets for about 10 yrs in the early 2000’s. In 2004, My folks were trying to make ticket dispersal across 4 kids for the ALCS as fair as possible, while also including my grandfather, who was likely watching his last games in-person at Fenway. My turn to go to an ALCS game was game 3. It was a single ticket and based on the results of games 1 & 2, probably my only chance to catch a game during those playoffs. My buddies and I headed down to Fenway and we’re having an absolute blast in the bars around the ballpark. The closer we got to game time, the less I wanted to leave my buddies to go to a game by myself. So, I sold my ticket for a grand and spent every dime out with boys that night. Meanwhile, the Sox got their brains bashed in 19-8, they come back in the series and as the favorite, oldest son, I was in my seat for game 1 of the World Series. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    I went to college in Boston. My family had season tickets for about 10 yrs in the early 2000’s. In 2004, My folks were trying to make ticket dispersal across 4 kids for the ALCS as fair as possible, while also including my grandfather, who was likely watching his last games in-person at Fenway. My turn to go to an ALCS game was game 3. It was a single ticket and based on the results of games 1 & 2, probably my only chance to catch a game during those playoffs. My buddies and I headed down to Fenway and we’re having an absolute blast in the bars around the ballpark. The closer we got to game time, the less I wanted to leave my buddies to go to a game by myself. So, I sold my ticket for a grand and spent every dime out with boys that night. Meanwhile, the Sox got their brains bashed in 19-8, they come back in the series and as the favorite, oldest son, I was in my seat for game 1 of the World Series. 
    I think that series ended up taking at least a year off my life, it was so stressful and exciting all at the same time.  Some of those games went very late into the evening.  Big Papi, man.  Just awesome.

Pretty cool that your grandfather got to see them finally win one too.  
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    I think that series ended up taking at least a year off my life, it was so stressful and exciting all at the same time.  Some of those games went very late into the evening.  Big Papi, man.  Just awesome.

After winning Game 4, I couldn’t figure why the Yankees just didn’t walk Ortiz every time he came to the plate. He terrorized Yankees pitching for the rest of that series. 

I was very happy to see Cole chased early, and for them to win - but I don’t see them beating Tampa. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CornfedMA said:

After winning Game 4, I couldn’t figure why the Yankees just didn’t walk Ortiz every time he came to the plate. He terrorized Yankees pitching for the rest of that series. 

I was very happy to see Cole chased early, and for them to win - but I don’t see them beating Tampa. 
    Tampa is loaded for bear this year. 
  • CTMike
    edited October 2021
    Options
    How about them Red Sox? One win away from me having to eat crow about them not beating Tampa.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    How about them Red Sox? One win away from me having to eat crow about them not beating Tampa.
    Their bats woke up just in time.  Past couple of games have been a lot of fun to watch.
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Their bats woke up just in time.  Past couple of games have been a lot of fun to watch.
    Agreed, but I certainly never imagined Vazquez being the late night hero, especially with how Kiké Hernandez was smacking the cover off the ball.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    In Boston right now - wife is running the marathon.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CTMike
    Options
    Anyone have any good recipes for crow?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.