Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-Tip Nacho Lunch

Options
dmourati
dmourati Posts: 1,268
edited October 2021 in EggHead Forum
We went out for a family hike and came back hungry. I made a full tri-tip dinner last night so had leftover SRF Black tri-tip and pinquito beans. This set the stage for a nice tri-tip nacho lunch.

La Rosa totopos (chips), diced tri-tip, monterey jack cheese, pinquito beans, and a generous pour of Valentina's hot sauce.

Diced roma tomato, scallion, and avocado for toppings. I find that a meat heavy nacho needs these type of vegetable toppings to balance it out.

FedEx guy showed up with my Rockwood three-pack while the nachos were in the oven. Inventory is back up to four bags, a safe level.

Here's what they look like after 20 minutes or so at 400F.

My finished plate. The tri-tip was so good.

How do you make nachos?
Mountain View, CA

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Good looking nachos!
    LBGE
    AL
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I'd gladly pay you next week for some of those nachos today  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Good looking for sure and I often repurpose leftover trip tip like this or for a quick fajita.   

I like refried beans on mine to help the ingredients stick to the chips.   We have a brand of refried beans here that has chorizo in it.   Adds an extra little something.  

Agree with the veggie component!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    That looks good!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    That looks real good.  I love me some nachos.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Beeeeeeautiful!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good looking for sure and I often repurpose leftover trip tip like this or for a quick fajita.   

I like refried beans on mine to help the ingredients stick to the chips.   We have a brand of refried beans here that has chorizo in it.   Adds an extra little something.  

Agree with the veggie component!
    I've been on a super bean kick lately. Hardly a week goes by where I don't make a pound of pinto, black, or pinquito beans. I'm also into refried beans and agree with their adhesive quality. 

This meal was under time pressure and one family member refuses to eat "smooshed beans."

I'm all for tips on beans, refried or otherwise as this is a new endeavor for me and I'm still learning. 

For pinquto beans, I've settled on dried beans from Ranch Gordo and the seasoning from Susie Q. My steps are to saute garlic and onion in olive oil, add in the beans, seasoning, cook in chicken broth, boil for 15 minutes, reduce to a low simmer until tender.
    Mountain View, CA
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Just repurposed some Tri tip for quesadillas.   Didn’t take pics, just generic version with guacamole.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas