Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    So that "guns and dildos" label is a private joke around here.  When we go to a friend's house with an Echo, we tell it: "Alexa, put guns and dildos on the shopping list".   She does, every time.  Somehow, since I never really matured, we think that's fckn hilarious.
    This reads like a really good cover for someone realizing they put a little more out there on the internet than had been intended. Just sayin’.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Never met a shot I didn't like.  Boostered and flu juiced as well.  However, no sense of bullet-proof here given the delta variant and those who continue to drive the agenda thru their irresponsible behavior.  Selfish is too kind of a term.  Time to stop.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    So that "guns and dildos" label is a private joke around here.  When we go to a friend's house with an Echo, we tell it: "Alexa, put guns and dildos on the shopping list".   She does, every time.  Somehow, since I never really matured, we think that's fckn hilarious.
    Stolen!  I’m not immature but I know a guy.  :D 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    kl8ton said:

LOOK OUT BOOKSHELF!!  just messing 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    This restaurant serves various dishes on a 500 degree slab of rock. You cook to your liking.  This was a rib eye. Last time I had a wagyu sirloin.  Going to stick with wagyu. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Spreading somewhere between 7 and 15 tons of soil. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Those flowers sure did grow fast, the car in the background barely went 50 meters.  (or that car sure is damn slow)

Petunias or poppies or whatever they are.
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Never met a shot I didn't like.  Boostered and flu juiced as well.  However, no sense of bullet-proof here given the delta variant and those who continue to drive the agenda thru their irresponsible behavior.  Selfish is too kind of a term.  Time to stop.  
    Heroine?  That is a shot I recommend everyone avoid.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    edited September 2021
    Options

Those flowers sure did grow fast, the car in the background barely went 50 meters.  (or that car sure is damn slow)

Freedom units please.  I would guess more like 75 feet and not 50 commie meters.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Wondering what's up with Covid tests. SWMBO is fully vaccinated and started feeling bad on Sunday. Took a rapid test Monday that was negative. Tuesday she gets a pcr test done and it comes back positive. How if she was symptomatic did she get a negative test result the 1st time? If the rapid tests are that inaccurate what's the point?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Wondering what's up with Covid tests. SWMBO is fully vaccinated and started feeling bad on Sunday. Took a rapid test Monday that was negative. Tuesday she gets a pcr test done and it comes back positive. How if she was symptomatic did she get a negative test result the 1st time? If the rapid tests are that inaccurate what's the point?
    My son was feeling bad a couple of weeks ago and my wife took him to get a rapid test. It came back negative, but the school said that in order to come back to school, he had to get the PCR test because the rapid tests are only like 60% accurate depending on when you get them. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

PCR test came back negative as well. Guess he just caught a school bug. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Heroine?  That is a shot I recommend everyone avoid.
    That's a girl thing, man 
    Options

Freedom units please.  I would guess more like 75 feet and not 50 commie meters.
    Is it not appropriate to use indigenous units?  This is Canadackistan after all... 
    Options
    Really worrying about how productive this duck season is going to be as I carve out a new decoy...stressing as I feel the time crunch between getting birds ready and opening day..

• TideEggHead
    Options
    @DuckDogDr Worried about duck numbers or about getting the decoys carved?

We are behind the curve here but we are supposed to go work at the duck camp this weekend.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Just less accurate.
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Eating moldy paté leftover from easter, and smoked trout that was from December of last year. 

I edited it twice and it still wont rotate

moldy paté in front. Old fish in the back

See the “12” after the “processed on” date?

mmmmmmm. 

(Just gotta scrape the mold off) 
  • PigBeanUs
    edited October 2021
    Options

if i am dead tomorrow, tell Lit I love him.  
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Eating moldy paté leftover from easter, and smoked trout that was from December of last year. 

mmmmmmm

the reason they made paté and smoked fish wasn’t because they liked it. It was because it preserved it. 

They learned to like it. 

Well, it looks like that came from Northern Waters Smokehaus, so I'm sure it was absolutely glorious. If there is a better sandwich than their Cajun Finn, I have not found it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • PigBeanUs
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Friend of mine sent three sides of lake trout. We plowed through it Christmas and New Year’s.

i forgot there was a small chunk of the third fillet left over in the meat tray. Been there all year.

still fantastic
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Curious why you are spreading dirt on your dirt. Did you do a soil sample and it called for more… dirt?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Curious why you are spreading dirt on your dirt. Did you do a soil sample and it called for more… dirt?
    It's to fill in and level the ruts. @GrateEggspectations did they mix that with sand? It needs to be a 70/30 mix to ensure proper absorption 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

mmmmmmm. 

Scrape of the good stuff?!  Sacrilege! 

BTW, I ran across some pictures of you on the interpipewebbing.  Hope you don't mind if I share them.   I didn't know you play music! 

It's to fill in and level the ruts. @GrateEggspectations did they mix that with sand? It needs to be a 70/30 mix to ensure proper absorption 
    Right. This is sandy loam, so there is sand, but I don’t know the proportion. 

It’s an older house and there are some holes on the property, especially in the back. When we moved in, they had patio stones against the foundation, so I’ve removed those, am building up the earth and will then overseed.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Right. This is sandy loam, so there is sand, but I don’t know the proportion. 

It’s an older house and there are some holes on the property, especially in the back. When we moved in, they had patio stones against the foundation, so I’ve removed those, am building up the earth and will then overseed.
    Loam is, by definition, sandy.  So this stuff was double sandy?  (Just making fun of all the inquisition into such a pedestrian activity of spreading double sanded loam)  😀