Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Table and Maintenance Inquiry

Options
Hey all,

I built my own cedar table with a tile top about 8 years ago and time to clean er up!

I pulled the egg out, going to sand it all down, and reseal it all with polyurethane seal. Replace some wood as needed.

I may redo the tile table top, but all the other options aren’t too enticing to put in the work to change it.  Concrete is very heavy, stainless steel is hot, and wood will warp etc. maybe a solid piece would be ideal? I live in Florida so rough conditions here.  Open to suggestions though 

Other item, my egg is disassembled any recommendations on how to give it a good cleaning. Or just put it back together when the stand is done and go nuclear for a while?

Always appreciate all the ideas, recipes, feedback on the forum! Thx!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You got a good 8 years out of your first build. Are you happy with how it functions and how easy the tiles clean up? You already named the negatives of some other options. I would go back the same as you have it now.
    My only recommendation would not to go nuclear. Just dial in 600-650 and let burn til it goes out. Way less stress on everything and it will definitely burn off all the excess gunk.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Smokeysmokerson
    Options
    I appreciate and yeah got some good time out of it!  Hoping it will hold up for a bit with some TLC this week!  I have a nest under the egg to provide a gap but may also place some fire bricks under it also. Any certain brand fire bricks recommended?