Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cool lookin BGE shirt - or so I thought

Options
Yesterday I saw this funny Egg shirt as I was searching for a BGE costume for Halloween. This morning i decided to order it. It’s from DUCG Shop. As soon as I purchased the shirt I got a credit card fraud alert from my bank. Has anyone else ordered from these guys? I canceled my order by responding to their email. 

Comments

• OhioEgger
    Options
    Not sure I understand. You actually ordered it and then told your card issuer that you didn't, because you had second thoughts?
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    Not sure I understand. You actually ordered it and then told your card issuer that you didn't, because you had second thoughts?
    I ordered it and then my bank thought it was credit card fraud. So on second thoughts I cancelled it. Then later in the day my email app disappeared, my safari browser and my finance apps. I’m hoping that’s just my iPhone 11 crashing and not me being hacked. I usually never fall for crap like that.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Powak said:
    OhioEgger said:
    I ordered it and then my bank thought it was credit card fraud. So on second thoughts I cancelled it. Then later in the day my email app disappeared, my safari browser and my finance apps. I’m hoping that’s just my iPhone 11 crashing and not me being hacked. I usually never fall for crap like that.
    Ohh that's scary....Best of luck to you
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I get fraud alerts all the time. None have been actual fraud. Just the electronic application system they use guessing.
    Seems like a stupid way to commit fraud by trying to sell BGE shirts.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Powak
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I get fraud alerts all the time. None have been actual fraud. Just the electronic application system they use guessing.
    Seems like a stupid way to commit fraud by trying to sell BGE shirts.
    Sure does. I’m starting to think maybe this isn’t so much as fraud as it is all actually my phone not working good because the data’s been maxed out on it for months. Then again I researched the physical address for the site and it shows up as White House Black Market at the Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma which clearly this business is not.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Kinda sounds like you smelt a rat, got caught by a rat, and HOPEFULLY will get your credit card company help to cancel that charge!

4 months back I was ripped by a BRILLIANT scam operating in CHINA...my credit card company worked with me - even though it was under $100 and they reversed the charge, helped me cancel my card and get a replacement issued and basically told the scammer they were BLOCKED from doing biz in the US if ever using them (MC) again.

I wish YOU the SAME great fortune!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Powak
    Options
    RRP said:
    Kinda sounds like you smelt a rat, got caught by a rat, and HOPEFULLY will get your credit card company help to cancel that charge!

4 months back I was ripped by a BRILLIANT scam operating in CHINA...my credit card company worked with me - even though it was under $100 and they reversed the charge, helped me cancel my card and get a replacement issued and basically told the scammer they were BLOCKED from doing biz in the US if ever using them (MC) again.

I wish YOU the SAME great fortune!
    Thanks man! Luckily it was only $22 but it could be a lot worse if these guys start using my card.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Were there any other attempted charges to your account?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Powak said:
    @Powak, this part is alarming.  I hope you're on the phone with the CC company (and possibly the FBI), and take their advice.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Really, the FBI on a $23 T-shirt charge.
    No account hacking and no attacks on other financials. Yea, they will jump right on that. Ha Ha
    Im assuming your joking as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    No account hacking and no attacks on other financials. Yea, they will jump right on that. Ha Ha
    If I had a financial app on my phone, and it suddenly disappeared, along with my email, that just doesn't sound good to me (I'm not worried about the shirt).  
    But I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so never mind.   :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Botch said:
    Photo Egg said:
    If I had a financial app on my phone, and it suddenly disappeared, along with my email, that just doesn't sound good to me (I'm not worried about the shirt).  
    But I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so never mind.   :|
    If I were worried that my iPhone were corrupted and my finances at risk I would first change my passwords on my accounts using another device and not my iPhone. At this point finances should be secure and you should know if there was any activity that was not yours. I would then do a factory reset on my iPhone. If you don’t know how to do this, make an appointment at your nearest Apple store and tell them what happened with your app and email disappearing. 
    But someone who runs a storefront at a shopping mall that also uses the same address to run a website is just not a major red flag since no other activity has hit accounts. Every person I have talked to that was hit had multiple charges and attempts immediately. If this was an attack, cancelling the order would not stop the attack and there would be zero chance an attacker would actually cancel your order and refund money.  But it sounds like the CC company stopped the charge before it went through.
    I hope everything works out and accounts are now secure with new passwords. But if unsure about  phone, please seek help from an Apple store.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Powak
    Options
    UPDATE: I sent that order cancellation email and 2 days later I got an order cancellation confirmation email from those guys and my money back. No other charges have happened. Maybe they are a legit kiosk in the mall. Also later that day I discovered the issues I’m having with my phone are resulting from having my storage maxed out on it. So turns out I wasn’t hacked! PHEW! Will definitely search elsewhere for some BGE shirts though. I need some.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Powak said:
    UPDATE: I sent that order cancellation email and 2 days later I got an order cancellation confirmation email from those guys and my money back. No other charges have happened. Maybe they are a legit kiosk in the mall. Also later that day I discovered the issues I’m having with my phone are resulting from having my storage maxed out on it. So turns out I wasn’t hacked! PHEW! Will definitely search elsewhere for some BGE shirts though. I need some.
    You now know the place is legit as they responded by email with your cancellation and credit. You slammed them pretty hard in your post as being a scam. And now say you will look “elsewhere” for shirts.
    Man, you are cold hearted.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Powak
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Powak said:
    You now know the place is legit as they responded by email with your cancellation and credit. You slammed them pretty hard in your post as being a scam. And now say you will look “elsewhere” for shirts.
    Sorry for coming off like a cold hearted SOB. SWMBO and I have been scammed before by a website selling shirts, etc where it was the first thing that pops up on google when searching for an item like this purchase was, and we were hook line and sinker. Really I think my phone crashing right after the purchase was what freaked me out. Sorry to the business. I was really just asking if anyone’s heard of them on here because when I googled their website, name, etc, I found nothing but that one site
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I understand your over reaction, but honestly @Photo Egg made a valid point. If you liked the shirt design that you originally purchased then why not go back and order it again now that you know the seller was legit?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Powak
    Options
    RRP said:
    I understand your over reaction, but honestly @Photo Egg made a valid point. If you liked the shirt design that you originally purchased then why not go back and order it again now that you know the seller was legit?
    RRP said:
    I think I just might. That’s a great shirt design.
  • Photo Egg
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Powak said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Powak said:
    Sorry for coming off like a cold hearted SOB. SWMBO and I have been scammed before by a website selling shirts, etc where it was the first thing that pops up on google when searching for an item like this purchase was, and we were hook line and sinker. Really I think my phone crashing right after the purchase was what freaked me out. Sorry to the business. I was really just asking if anyone’s heard of them on here because when I googled their website, name, etc, I found nothing but that one site
    I understand your initial reaction.
    But might be worth the risk now if you truly like the shirt you first ordered.
    Kinda think the reason they might be low profile is copy right issue with BGE?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • sancho65
    Options
    Powak said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Post a link to order the shirt?
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Powak
    Options
    sancho65 said:
    Powak said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    https://www.ducgshop.com/amazing-tee-i-dont-always-cook-outside-big-green-egg-shirt/?sku=22-115-1167215-254&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIypWOyb6m8wIVF02GCh05yAMQEAQYASABEgLrxvD_BwE
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I get being reluctant to go right back and order again. It's a bit embarrassing. Maybe have a friend order for you.
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    Powak said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    https://www.ducgshop.com/amazing-tee-i-dont-always-cook-outside-big-green-egg-shirt/?sku=22-115-1167215-254&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIypWOyb6m8wIVF02GCh05yAMQEAQYASABEgLrxvD_BwE

Thanks for the link!🇺🇸
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas