Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    @Lit ain't wrong. This is today at Costco. I was here 2 weeks ago and these were their normal $3.49 a pound that they've always been. What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?

It’s obviously the result of Biden giving money to people who don’t need it.  It’s only just hitting now for some reason.
    Thanks Obama... wait......

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Lit ain't wrong. This is today at Costco. I was here 2 weeks ago and these were their normal $3.49 a pound that they've always been. What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?

It’s obviously the result of Biden giving money to people who don’t need it.  It’s only just hitting now for some reason.

FTFY
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Food has been going up for months we have posted it multiple times that you have responded to. Its not just recently.
  • Lit
    Options

$5.99 a lb here. Its been going up slowly for awhile here you probably
    didn't notice or it hadnt affected you guys yet cause you are in Texas. Try to buy some baby back they have over doubled here. Saw $9.99 a lb for baby back at a butcher and that was their special.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:

Food has been going up for months we have posted it multiple times that you have responded to. Its not just recently.
    Good Lord you really are incapable of reading well.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:

You said its only just hitting now for some reason which you know
    isnt true because you have responded to other posts about the increased cost of food. I read it you jusr flat out lied and got caught

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

isnt true because you have responded to other posts about the increased cost of food. I read it you jusr flat out lied and got caught

Read @TEXASBGE2018 post again.  Then read my response to him.  Try reading more slowly and carefully this time.  If you still don’t get it, maybe ask your wife.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Read @TEXASBGE2018 post again.  Then read my response to him.  Try reading more slowly and carefully this time.  If you still don’t get it, maybe ask your wife.
    I read it and it still sounds like you are full of sh1t like normal
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,462
    Options
    Obviously there are many who aren't feeling the pain.
    Posted the below on WAYDRN thread yesterday:
    "Just got off the phone with SRF:  Both Black and Gold grade brisket lines are out of stock.  They expect more mid-late next week.  Fortunately my SRF brisket low level alarm goes off at two so all is well for now.
    First time I have ever seen that.  Selling too much to those HEB's in Texas I guess.   "  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You did, eh?  Did you see where he asked 

What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?”

Or did you read a little too quickly or carelessly again?  I suppose next you’ll call TEXASBGE a liar too.  Maybe go back to an activity that is in your wheelhouse, like mindlessly watching TV.
  • Lit
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    "Just got off the phone with SRF:  Both Black and Gold grade brisket lines are out of stock.  They expect more mid-late next week.  Fortunately my SRF brisket low level alarm goes off at two so all is well for now.
    First time I have ever seen that.  Selling too much to those HEB's in Texas I guess.   "  FWIW-
    Because they are giving couples that make $200k a year free money. Thats why there is inflation. Everyone can afford to buy $150 briskets now except the poor people the money was supposed to help. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Lit said:
    lousubcap said:
    Because they are giving couples that make $200k a year free money. Thats why there is inflation. Everyone can afford to buy $150 briskets now except the poor people the money was supposed to help. 
    Didn't the former guy give employees and companies free money via tax cuts with no corresponding cut in expenditure? Not even a pandemic back then, just free money.
  • Lit
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    lousubcap said:
    Didn't the former guy give employees and companies free money via tax cuts with no corresponding cut in expenditure? Not even a pandemic back then, just free money.
    Seems they must have done it smarter since we never had inflation like this. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

“What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?”

Or did you read a little too quickly or carelessly again?  I suppose next you’ll call TEXASBGE a liar too.  Maybe go back to an activity that is in your wheelhouse, like mindlessly watching TV.
    My response to you was based on your comment not anyone else. You said in your response its only just hitting now for some reason which isnt true food has been going up for months and you have even responded to other posts about it so you know it has but you still post it just started happening. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

“What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?”

My response to you was based on your comment not anyone else. 
    Which is why I told you to read @TEXASBGE2018’s post, so that you could maybe understand my comment *in context*.  Good Lord you are dense.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,028
    edited September 2021
    Options

Pastries from the local bakery in town.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I don’t recall which thread you were posting in with regards to dish washers but Fwiw we went with a Bosch. a con for us is that it takes a bit more time
    to load and organize, possibly the layout is designed for more cleaning efficiency but you simply can’t put as many dishes in as you could a older design.  
     A pro is that it doesn’t have a heater element so the lids to my Nalgene bottles don’t get melted or other plastics dangling below the rack. 
     It is so quiet you will open the door when it’s running and take one to the face.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Can you guys start a new thread for inflation talk and also keep it out of the car thread. I would hate for these threads to get nuked.
  • Lit
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    Can you guys start a new thread for inflation talk and also keep it out of the car thread. I would hate for these threads to get nuked.
    But have you seen the inflation with cars also? 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options

in 20 years of egging ive not seen a whole brisket that cheap nor even a prime brisket at the local markets.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Options

in 20 years of egging ive not seen a whole brisket that cheap nor even a prime brisket at the local markets.
    They used to go down to $2.79 a lb here. Tops I had ever seen before was $3.49 at costco. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    costco is rare around here as well, to far a commute to shop there often
    fukahwee maine

• Lit
    Options
    costco is rare around here as well, to far a commute to shop there often
    They are $6 a lb here now not worth the drive and I am 2 miles away. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I don’t recall which thread you were posting in with regards to dish washers but Fwiw we went with a Bosch. a con for us is that it takes a bit more time
    to load and organize, possibly the layout is designed for more cleaning efficiency but you simply can’t put as many dishes in as you could a older design.  
     A pro is that it doesn’t have a heater element so the lids to my Nalgene bottles don’t get melted or other plastics dangling below the rack. 
     It is so quiet you will open the door when it’s running and take one to the face.
    Thanks man.  We actually had a Bosch at our old house and loved it.  You just can’t get them right now, at least not for like 6-8 months, because of the chip shortage issue.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,336
    edited September 2021
    Options

Just try buying brisket in Canada. Even the worst cuts are prohibitively expensive. You can forget about getting anything within the realm of a prime equivalent here. 

Edit: …But on the plus side, beaver brisket is dirt cheap. 
  • fishlessman
    Options

Just try buying brisket in Canada. Even the worst cuts are prohibitively expensive. You can forget about getting anything within the realm of a prime equivalent here. 

ours get turned into red corned beef, local places make grey.  brisket here is more likely to be cooked to a pot roast in boiling water than to be put on a bbq so they tend not to be better than select on the shelves and they still want outragous prices for those.
    fukahwee maine

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,539
    edited September 2021
    Options

Chip Shortage..
    Cow COVID..
    or..

the dollar is just worth a hell of a lot less..

for all you folks out there that don't know. Its the 3rd..and its going to get much much worse with the multi trillion dollar AHEM "infrastructure"  AHEM bill
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Lit
    Options
    billt01 said:

Chip Shortage..
    Cow COVID..
    or..

the dollar is just worth a hell of a lot less..

for all you folks out there that don't know. Its the 3rd..and its going to get much much worse with the multi trillion dollar AHEM "infrastructure"  AHEM bill
    Wait for the recession after all this free money. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

Curious, why is beef so expensive in Canada?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave