Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Pepper Sauce

Options
EggNorth
EggNorth Posts: 1,535
edited September 2021 in EggHead Forum
Retired on May 1st, so got back to gardening as a summer hobby.   Been not Egging too much, mostly eating 'Green' from the garden.

Tried and failed many times at peppers, but this year we have had a lot of success.     With the peppers we have been making many bottles of hot sauce, some hot, some not too much, but all great tasting.

Recipe here.  I X3 the recipe so that the Blendtec can process it.

Usually I fry (as the recipe states) the peppers outside, but this time I just put them on the Minimax until soft, with peach chips.

Sweet yellow Pepper (back).  Jalapeno (4 red left), 2 green Sirachas (right, I have some turning red, but could not wait).  3 Portuguese hot peppers.   and a clove of garlic.  

On the stove in the Apple Cider Vinegar 

And in the bottles.   It is Hot, not too much, maybe near Tabasco hot.   Did not pickup much smoke, maybe I will leave on longer next time.  

Because of working in an office for almost 40 years, my back is not that reliable anymore (nothing to do with not exercising of course).  We got these raised beds which are 3 feet high (counter height), so no bending and easy weeding.

Just installed 2 more for next year, which will make 4.  1 is in another location.

Thanks

Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Congrats on the retirement and the sauce looks great!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Way to effect a great transition to the "Every day is Saturday" lifestyle.  You are lucky in that you have indoor access for your creations.  
    At the risk of the obvious, if you wear a watch then you need one that in addition to the date gives you the day of the week.  May not seem too important now but trust me... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    @lousubcap .  I do lose track of the days of the week, which takes some getting used to  :).   
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)