Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Moen Customer Service, Impressive

Installed a Moen shower head w/spray wand about seven years ago.  The wand hose and shower head attach to a "diverter valve" which attaches to the wall pipe.  Angie was showering today and the valve disconnected from the pipe.  The attachment to the pipe is a free-spinning nut on the valve that is held in place by a threaded plastic piece (which had broken).  Not a huge heartache, I just connected the wand hose to the wall pipe for use until I can get a new plastic piece and reattach the valve.
Except, you can't buy individual parts for the valve, only the complete valve is available at about $75.  I called Moen, their automated system tells me "heavy call volume, leave your number and we'll call you back within 30-40 minutes".  Surprising, they called within that window and it appears I have a lifetime warranty.  No hassles, no sent in broken parts first, no provide us with proof of purchase.  Just them apologizing for my troubles and they're sending out a new valve without even a shipping charge.  It was a nice experience.
Kinda feel like I now have $75. of found money.   :)

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    I've gotten multiple replacement parts for free from them, even when I was expecting to pay. Now if I only didn't need them...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I agree! I had an entirely different Moen head and instead of a diverter breaking the piece that held the head and hose in place broke. It was made of plastic and not metal like it should have been! I called - not so much to complain, but to see if I could get just the part. Like yours it was no longer available, but instead they just sent me a whole shower head and hose! And like you no proof of purchase, nothing to return!

When its arrived it took me 5 minutes tops to replace the whole unit!

When we did 3 bathroom remodels we replaced all fixtures with Moen!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Had the same great service from Delta. Feels like you’re winning huh?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Pretty awesome. Seems like there aren't many companies that still treat their customers like this. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    ColbyLang said:
    Had the same great service from Delta. Feels like you’re winning huh?
    Yes…unlike the time the ice maker inside our GE freezer caught on FIRE! Thankfully we were just heading to bed and I happened to go out to the kitchen! I was able to put it out using a small canister style fire exting. 

Even though the refrigerator was out of warranty I thought having possibly had our home burn down, much less death I wrote to GE. What followed surprised me. 

First they acknowledged that something quite serious went wrong with their product in spite of it being out of warranty!

Second they sent a replacement ice maker as well as a work order for the labor to replace it. Unfortunately the repairman could not get the replacement to work! 

He then contacted GE and they sent a second replacement ice maker to him. Once again that guy couldn’t get the new one to work either!

Finally after all that hassle…GE replaced the whole refrigerator!

Epilogue…6 months later that ice maker quit working!!!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Awesome. 

It's really sad that good customer service is the exception, and this is supposed to be a service economy.

SWMBO will wear out those massaging shower heads for some reason....
  • Our last house featured a Moen faucet with a lifetime warranty. It had been bought by the previous owners. Throughout the decade we were there, I replaced several parts under warranty. Each time, it was a simple and expedient affair.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    With the hard water here I've had to replace the main show valves in the 3 bathrooms many times. And this week the shower head in the master bath. All Moen and replaced under warranty.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333
    Buy it for looks, buy it for life.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hotch said:
    With the hard water here I've had to replace the main show valves in the 3 bathrooms many times. And this week the shower head in the master bath. All Moen and replaced under warranty.
    Doesn't matter what brand you buy, hard water destroys everything that uses it.  Might want to consider a water softener. 

"5 Benefits of Having a Water Softener – Fresh Water Systems" https://www.freshwatersystems.com/blogs/blog/5-benefits-of-having-a-water-softener
    Epilogue:
    More surprises, I didn't receive just the diverter valve, they sent a complete replacement... shower head, hand wand w/hose and the valve.  I'd have been happy with purchasing the plastic piece that broke.  Guess I now have spare parts which may prevent a future warranty claim.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • RRP
    See - that was my identical experience as well!