Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg table for sale

Options
Tspud1
Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
If this is against rules, let me know and will pull the post. I have a table that was made and crated and customer asked for refund over the weekend. I refunded but now have a table that I would like to see gone. It is just like table in picture but has a spice holder for inside of storage area door. Chance to get a table at good price. Prices on many products will be shooting up. Our Stainless prices are increasing, I paid $1.37Lb in Aug 2020, Jan price was $1.94, April 2021 $2.59Lb.,July 2021 $4.48 Lb. Havent started to use the $4.48 material but when I do, prices will go up as needed. Message me if interested.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Solid stuff from @Tspud1
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    It’s only against the rules if you throw in a tee shirt
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Are your tables made from higher quality stainless than the Blackstone covers you sold?
    I moved my Blackstone from the garage to my covered deck a couple months ago and it started rusting bad. Most of the weld spots even popped.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Wow. That’s crazy. I bought a cover from @Tspud1 a few years ago. It’s lived outside, year round, less than a 1/2 mile from the ocean and there’s not a rust spot on it! 
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Mine is solid as well and the front tray I got, aggressive conditions will cause rust and when the chromium oxide is lost from the heat...looks like a scotch brite pad would work on most , but those welds , odd 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tspud1
    Options
    you must have an odd size there are no welds in those areas on our lids. I will be glad to replace, just let me know what you have
  • Tspud1
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Mine is solid as well and the front tray I got, aggressive conditions will cause rust and when the chromium oxide is lost from the heat...looks like a scotch brite pad would work on most , but those welds , odd 

you also have one of the first we did. I have sold over 7000 of these and never seen one like this. We changed some features but have always used type 304 stainless. If cleaned with wrong cleaner, stainless can develop rust.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    you must have an odd size there are no welds in those areas on our lids. I will be glad to replace, just let me know what you have
    Straight Up Awesome Gesture right there !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited August 2021
    Options
    My @Tspud1 table has lived outside (in New Orleans summers and tropical weather) and it just has a few scratches (which are my fault).  It has held up beautifully.  Recommended.
    NOLA
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    curious as to your location
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The blackstone looks in bad shape too… maybe some environmental factor at play here?

Options
    kinda a **** move PE...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    paqman said:
    The blackstone looks in bad shape too… maybe some environmental factor at play here?
    I hand a standoff with Blackstone for 9 months about rust and their stainless version. My Blackstone wasn't even two weeks old before rust showed up. (I'm in MN) They tried every possible excuse not to fix the issue. They eventually got tired of me putting up a fight. They eventually replaced my base with another stainless version. (Eye roll) The worst customer service I've come across. (Besides maybe Xfinity/Comcast) 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    If this is against rules, let me know and will pull the post. I have a table that was made and crated and customer asked for refund over the weekend. I refunded but now have a table that I would like to see gone. It is just like table in picture but has a spice holder for inside of storage area door. Chance to get a table at good price. Prices on many products will be shooting up. Our Stainless prices are increasing, I paid $1.37Lb in Aug 2020, Jan price was $1.94, April 2021 $2.59Lb.,July 2021 $4.48 Lb. Havent started to use the $4.48 material but when I do, prices will go up as needed. Message me if interested.

Brother @Tspud1 where are you located?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    paqman said:
    I hand a standoff with Blackstone for 9 months about rust and their stainless version. My Blackstone wasn't even two weeks old before rust showed up. (I'm in MN) They tried every possible excuse not to fix the issue. They eventually got tired of me putting up a fight. They eventually replaced my base with another stainless version. (Eye roll) The worst customer service I've come across. (Besides maybe Xfinity/Comcast) 
    That crappy rusted BLACKSTONE base was my issue as well! And mine was in a safe place even protected by a black canvas BLACKSTONE® cover!  My base didn’t rust until after the warranty expired naturally so I just chalked it up to having been lucky that I only bought one of their small 19" ones. Now OTOH why I bought 8 of those BIG Coleman propane canisters and only used 1 is another mystery!  :o

Just as I have said on this forum regarding other of my purchases I'm sure the executor of my estate will once again shake his head wondering "just why did that old coot buy ALL of these "fill in the blank" stuff?  =)=)=)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Just a quick endorsement for @Tspud1 tables.  I have had mine for just over three years uncovered in the crazy humid Memphis climate and it looks as good as new. 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Conman64 said:
    kinda a **** move PE...
    Please explain why you feel it was inappropriate. It was an honest question on a public forum where he was advertising his product. I know he sold many of these covers to others forum members and now I know mine was an isolated issue. I know @Tspud1 is a stand up guy. I was not taking a cheap shot. 
    But it is rusting pretty bad. That’s just a fact.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Standard 36” Blackstone. I placed my order directly with you. No clue if design is different from how you now make them. Never cleaned with anything except a bucket of water with a little Dawn Dish Soap.
    Was just a question about material.
    Thought maybe a bad sheet.
    The stainless on the Blackstone is also rusting but not as bad.
    No ill feelings over this. Just looking for comparisons and this seems to be an isolated issue.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Tspud1 said:
    Straight Up Awesome Gesture right there !

Agreed. I had an isolated issue with a cover years ago and TSpud made it right, no questions asked. Stand up guy with great products. 

• Tspud1
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    curious as to your location
    Quincy, IL  just north of St Louis
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

Brother @Tspud1 where are you located?
    Quincy, IL
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Tspud1 said:
    Standard 36” Blackstone. I placed my order directly with you. No clue if design is different from how you now make them. Never cleaned with anything except a bucket of water with a little Dawn Dish Soap.
    No ill feelings over this. Just looking for comparisons and this seems to be an isolated issue.

message me and I can get you out the replacement, front or rear drain
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Tspud1 said:

I found old messages and the first few we made were taller and to do that some sides of cover were welded on. Any bends taller than 2" hit the press brake ram. I quit making custom covers taller last year due to heat distortion. Almost all I have made are 2" and yours was one of the first few we made so it was taller at 3".  My bet is the salt water air caused your issues in the welds. 
  • Photo Egg
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Tspud1 said:

I found old messages and the first few we made were taller and to do that some sides of cover were welded on. Any bends taller than 2" hit the press brake ram. I quit making custom covers taller last year due to heat distortion. Almost all I have made are 2" and yours was one of the first few we made so it was taller at 3".  My bet is the salt water air caused your issues in the welds. 
    Stainless material around here is hit and miss. Some items do ok and some rust. I know a welded spot looses its protection properties but the surface rust surprised me. Do you think wiping with a mineral oil every couple weeks would help? Maybe I’m better off with a tarp or standard outdoor grill cover. I’m not expecting to get more than a few years out of the Blackstone Griddle before it craps out or rusts away.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Photo Egg  maybe @fishlessman can back me up here, but my theory is the wrong alloy of welding (MIG) wire was used.  That would explain the corrosion on the welds.  When dissimilar metals are connected via weld or fastener (or the fastener is dissimilar), this will cause rapid corrosion that would otherwise not occur.  I have seen the same thing in stainless steels.  Not just the welds, but the stainless sheet will corrode.  

For example, the welded corner is fully oxidized in the pic whereas the braked corners are the same as the flats.
    Options
    @Photo Egg  maybe @fishlessman can back me up here, but my theory is the wrong alloy of welding (MIG) wire was used.  That would explain the corrosion on the welds.  When dissimilar metals are connected via weld or fastener (or the fastener is dissimilar), this will cause rapid corrosion that would otherwise not occur.  I have seen the same thing in stainless steels.  Not just the welds, but the stainless sheet will corrode.  

For example, the welded corner is fully oxidized in the pic whereas the braked corners are the same as the flats.
    Or the wrong shielding gas was used.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut