Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Teriyaki Chicken and Fried “Rice”

Options
The boss lady informed me this morning that her sister was going to come over for dinner and she wanted teriyaki chicken and fried cauliflower rice. As is my life, I happily complied to her wishes (demands). Made a teriyaki marinade from soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and rice vinegar. Cut up a bunch of chicken breasts and they bathed for most of the day. Rice cooked while chicken was on the grill. 
Topped the chicken with some sriracha and sesame seeds. It was a good meal. 
There was also a salad, but who has time for that?

Thanks for looking. 
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options
    That looks really good.
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Chicken looks great!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Man, that looks killer. Great job. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    That is a meal. Nice job.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Home run.

And, consider it stolen. My crew would love this.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    I can almost taste that as I look at the pictures and drool on myself.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    caliking said:
    Home run.

Here is the rough ingredients for the marinade/sauce. I also added some red pepper flakes and more ginger/garlic. Turned out really well. 

Las Vegas, NV

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,096
    Options
    I just put this one on the to do list. Looks like a great easy meal.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    👍👍👍

Options
    Looks really good. I'm lazy and usually just do Lawry's teriyaki marinade (easy and good) and I thread pineapple chunks, bell peppers and purple onions on the skewers too. The grilled pineapple with teriyaki glaze may be my favorite part!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Great idea, thanks. I have a bunch of stuff in the freezer this would apply to.

When I was "cheffing" in a restaurant (paid money to do it and sh!t), I must have made 10's of thousands of teriyaki kabobs....they were big sellers in the more affordable part of the menu (compared to the lobster, PR, king crab, etc).  Something for the poor saps that are footing the bill.
    Options

When I was "cheffing" in a restaurant (paid money to do it and sh!t), I must have made 10's of thousands of teriyaki kabobs....they were big sellers in the more affordable part of the menu (compared to the lobster, PR, king crab, etc).  Something for the poor saps that are footing the bill.
    Where did you "chef"? I lived in NOLA from 99-03, Lakeview area, last we were down there the house (rented duplex) is still an empty lot from Katrina.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    wps456 said:

Where did you "chef"? I lived in NOLA from 99-03, Lakeview area, last we were down there the house (rented duplex) is still an empty lot from Katrina.
    I've been here since '91, but my cheffing days were in San Antonio back in the early 80s.  The restaurant was called "Pelican's Wharf".  I think it went out of business some time after I had moved to New Orleans (probably partially because I wasn't there).

Options
    wps456 said:
    Looks really good. I'm lazy and usually just do Lawry's teriyaki marinade (easy and good) and I thread pineapple chunks, bell peppers and purple onions on the skewers too. The grilled pineapple with teriyaki glaze may be my favorite part!
    The marinade/sauce is super easy. Literally took 5 minutes and tasted great. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    wps456 said:

I've been here since '91, but my cheffing days were in San Antonio back in the early 80s.  The restaurant was called "Pelican's Wharf".  I think it went out of business some time after I had moved to New Orleans (probably partially because I wasn't there).

@nolaegghead of all the things I wished we would have done when we lived in Houston would have been to go “experience” NOLA. Driven through once but that was about it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    OMG!!   That looks so amazing!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    wps456 said:

@nolaegghead of all the things I wished we would have done when we lived in Houston would have been to go “experience” NOLA. Driven through once but that was about it. 
    Tell the wife you have to go to a seminar on pepper spray in NOLA and hit up brisket camp.  You won't be completely dishonest as pepper will be spraying (on food)...probably also on some drunk faces if the Gretna police show up.
    Options
    caliking said:
    Home run.

Here is the rough ingredients for the marinade/sauce. I also added some red pepper flakes and more ginger/garlic. Turned out really well. 

Thanks for the recipe.

I assume the corn starch slurry is for a stir fry version? Or is it included in the marinade?

• Battleborn
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Home run.

Thanks for the recipe.

I assume the corn starch slurry is for a stir fry version? Or is it included in the marinade?
    @caliking The recipe is for a teriyaki sauce. I did it and just used that. It did make it super thick. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Home run.

Thanks for the recipe.

@caliking The recipe is for a teriyaki sauce. I did it and just used that. It did make it super thick. 
    Got it. Found the recipe on that site. It didn't pop up earlier because I was looking for teriyaki chicken vs. teriyaki sauce. I'll give it a whirl soon.