Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor table/cabinetry for my Large and MiniMax

Options
Hi all,

We are having some renovations done on our carport to create an outdoor entertainment space which I'm looking forward to. Currently, I have a Large BGE that sits in a nest and a MiniMax (which I use more often) that just sits on the ground. 

I'm looking to have an area in the newly renovated carport to house both the Large and Minimax Eggs. I originally was thinking a table, but now I think it makes more sense to have some custom cabinetry built to have the 2 Eggs, some countertop space and a section for a mini fridge / beverage fridge. (I won't have running water access up there. I'm likely going to need an outdoor hood to pull the smoke so it doesn't all get stuck up under the 3 walled enclosed carport. 

Thus, I have some questions for the BGE peanut gallery:
1) Any other items I should consider from anyone regarding thoughts around best utilization of the space? 
2) Any recommendations / resources re: the hood vent I'll need to go with? Looks like you can run those pretty expensive which I would obviously prefer to not have to do if not necessary. 
3) What type of countertop would you guys recommend for the space up top? 
4) Lastly, if you're aware of any sites or drawings that you've come across that look really good for a 2 Egg setup (with the Large and MiniMax next to each other since I'll need to have the hood go over those areas instead of having the Eggs on each end of the table/cabinetry, I'd love to review that or message with anyone directly. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Answers

• GreenHam
    GreenHam Posts: 22
    Options
    Built an add-on wing at a 45 degree angle for my existing table making space for my new Mini. Puts the grills on the same level and leaves all the table space I had before. I drilled holes in the mini nest and screwed to wing to keep it secure when partying. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    This is what I had done. With my minimax and large next to each other. Tons of counter space and could easily add plumbing,electrical and a fridge had I wanted it. The top is lueder stone. This is about 11ft wide. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I would be very worried (I am a worrier) about a three sided carport and two eggs running inside.  I would blow out the back of the carport, and at least have through-ventilation.  Otherwise, depending on the wind direction, you could fill that area with carbon monoxide.  Or, at least,  I would have the eggs at the open end.

You cannot get too much ventilation when burning charcoal/smoking/grilling.  That smoke is greasy.   I would be afraid of the mess, no matter what you have for a hood.  

There are  a million plans on the internet for grilling spaces.  I like your custom cabinet/counter top idea.  I think that makes a lot of sense and is totally customizable to your area.

Good luck!
    Clinton, Iowa