Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trailer Hitch Carrier

Has anyone used this item before and if so how well does it work and how secure is the egg in it? My buddy and I want to start traveling with our eggs but it scares the hell out of us to think its just hanging off the back of the truck or suv. And it just rattling around back there with rocks pelting it. If it works good I would probably wrap it with moving blankets to prevent chips and such. Any info is appreciated.

Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I bet that's cheap.... I have seen one at a dealer but didn't check the price and know no one who has used it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I think it was listed for sale here for like a thousand.
  • BYS1981 said:

I think it was listed for sale here for like a thousand.

Holy crap, pretty sure it's not worth that price. Guess it's in the back of the trailblazer for now. Still wrapped in a moving blanket though :).
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    I also thought I remembered seeing it was around $1,000. About the cost of a Large. I think thats why not many people have them. Mini/mini-max make sense. Or buying an egg for you destination if you are always going to the same spot, like a vacation house.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • cheerio3
    cheerio3 Posts: 1
    Anyone interested in buying one of these? I have one available for sale.  I'm in North Carolina. $500
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Super COOL. I just hope the prospective buyer realizes that he/she will need to learn how to remove the fire box and fire ring AND secure the dome well against the base before venturing out on the road. Potholes, swerves etc with the ceramic guts in place might mean ceramic pieces and parts spewed down the boulevard! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    RRP said:
    Super COOL. I just hope the prospective buyer realizes that he/she will need to learn how to remove the fire box and fire ring AND secure the dome well against the base before venturing out on the road. Potholes, swerves etc with the ceramic guts in place might mean ceramic pieces and parts spewed down the boulevard! 
    Well aren’t you the little sunshine man, just spreading your sunshine around for everyone.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I just toss my Largein the back of the pu. Many trips Texas to Florida and never a problem. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    RRP said:
    Well aren’t you the little sunshine man, just spreading your sunshine around for everyone.
    LOL

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2021
    Just trying to up my post count so i can be like my hero Nola. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.