Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

atomic peppers

stopped by the nursery to find out what these peppers are that are growing in my raised bed, would give new meaning to atomic buffalo turds. 90,000 scovilles

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    If you want a test run make the ABT's with habaneros.  Habs run in the 100k-300k scoville range.  Good luck!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    All peppers and all matter in classical Newtonian physics and with the Bohr model are made of molecules consisting of atoms.  Ergo, atomic, regardless of scoville rating.  Anyway, you are correct.
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642

Baby Carolina Reapers. If anyone wants some when they mature pm me.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    That will definitely light you up!
    On day 2 as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    @alaskanassasin - I have dried those and ghost peppers for a friend in the past.  All outside, even the grinding part.  There is some serious heat there.  
    What is the end game for those??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    lousubcap said:
    @alaskanassasin - I have dried those and ghost peppers for a friend in the past.  All outside, even the grinding part.  There is some serious heat there.  
    What is the end game for those??
    Good question @lousubcap. I have a younger buddy that takes (previously scorpion but I’m stepping it up for him) some back to his job and they eat them… or part of one… not sure, I am sure you are familiar with this type of posturing. I will dry and grind some up for gifts, but mostly it is just fun. Although I have a friend who sells bbq rubs and he may have a use for some. The pepper row includes red bell, green bell, jalapeños, habanero, reapers, banana, la bomba, and poblano, plus a volunteer tomatillo.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    That's a great selection right there.  You have many options once they all come in.
    You've gotta get the virgin eat part on video... =)  
  • alaskanassasin
    lousubcap said:
    That's a great selection right there.  You have many options once they all come in.
    You've gotta get the virgin eat part on video... =)  
    I am in no way interested/liable for what happens when he leaves with those suckers but he did say someone threw up last year. Sound like fun!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Also I put dried peppers into pints of honey. It’s good on biscuits.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    edited July 2021

Baby Carolina Reapers. If anyone wants some when they mature pm me.

healthy looking plant. place i bought jalapenos trimmed the leaves from the bottom instead of lopping the top. they look like palm trees towering in the back row. seems to be working in the tiny crammed raised bed
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Thanks @fishlessman I have never trimmed them, never occurred to me to try that. I run drip line .25gph that waters for 90 minutes every day and side dress with 13-13-13 two or three times a year.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    edited July 2021
    Thanks @fishlessman I have never trimmed them, never occurred to me to try that. I run drip line .25gph that waters for 90 minutes every day and side dress with 13-13-13 two or three times a year.

if you let them get 10 leaves high and lop the stem 4 leaves down the remaining 6 leaves turn to branches.  short growing season here, those ghost would not have peppers on them til september and then its a race to get them before frost. never seen leaves pruned bottom up, must be someone new to the nursery
    fukahwee maine

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I would take the whole bowl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Love peppers
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS