Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Options
joshpounds90
joshpounds90 Posts: 38
Okay, these turned out so insanely flavorful and rich. Found a 9lb. slab of pork belly at Wegmans in the Brooklyn Navy Yard and knew I had to try the recipe for burnt ends I saw on howtobbqright.com. I sliced the belly into 1.5" cubes and covered them in Dizzy Dust. Using a wire rack from a sheet pan we have in our kitchen, I smoked the cubes indirect 225°-250°F for about two and a half hours. I then transferred them to an aluminum pan and added brown sugar, butter and drizzled some honey. After two more hours at 250°F, I glazed them with a mixture of BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, apple juice, apple sauce, peach preserves & Crystal hot sauce that I simmered on the stove until smooth. Once glazed, I threw the aluminum pan back on the egg for 10 more minutes to caramelize them.

Brooklyn, NYC - medium BGE

Comments