Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Large EGG and Island Table For Sale

Options

Selling a new Large BGE and a new 49” BGE Island. They were on the dealer’s floor as display models. My daughter bought them as a Father’s Day gift for her husband. He does not like the idea of burning charcoal on a wooden deck; prefers his gas Weber. I volunteered to take them off their hands but their answer was no. So, they are up for sale. MSRP for the Table is $2599.99 and the Large Egg $948.00; total $3548. Needless to say, she got better price than that. Essentially, she bought the table and the egg came with it. The dealer allowed her to return the accessories since the boxes were unopened. The egg and table were not returnable. Asking price for both is $2300. Egg is unregistered so it should come with the full warranty. The table also has a lifetime warranty.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Might help to post the location.
    Sad situation for all.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited July 2021
    Options
    That's super lame the dealer wouldn't take it back. Especially being a floor model. It's not like it was all packaged up. They won't take it back with even like a 10% stocking fee of some sort? 

Since the dealer wouldn't take the BGE back, it might be worth asking the dealer if they will register it for the new owner or have that particular person on file for a warranty issue. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How much for that pickup truck?  Is the house behind it for sale too?
    Options
    Sucks.  She might have to lose some money here to move it.  Maybe look for a nice gas grill upgrade on Facebook/Craigslist and offer this as a trade.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Wow, that's a big purchase by wifey without consulting hubby. What a dumb circumstance to be in really. GLWS
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Sold. One of her neighbors picked it up this afternoon. The neighbor up the street was walking by with her dog and was curious how they liked the Egg. When my daughter said her husband was sticking with the Weber, the neighbor then called her husband. He came down with his truck and checkbook. Daughter is off the hook and now looking at a pool table. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Mikee said:
    Sold. One of her neighbors picked it up this afternoon. The neighbor up the street was walking by with her dog and was curious how they liked the Egg. When my daughter said her husband was sticking with the Weber, the neighbor then called her husband. He came down with his truck and checkbook. Daughter is off the hook and now looking at a pool table. 
    Glad to hear!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mikee said:
    Hope she asks him if he wants a pool table! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    I wouldn't venture any largesse toward hubby w/o  inquiring.  Of the flip side I would withhold any adult enjoyment for a bit.  There are lessons to be learned on both sides of this equation and I'm no counselor.   B) 
    All's well that ends well- nice move for the neighbour.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.