Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Online Salmon and other Fish

Options

Comments

• PTK125
    PTK125 Posts: 7
    Options
    I’ve never used Wild Alaskan but I have used Pride of Bristol Bay. Pride of Bristol Bay doesn’t offer a monthly plan and I believe it is only Salmon. It s a buy in bulk offer which isn’t cheap. Great, great fish. Check out the website. 
  • tcmagee
    tcmagee Posts: 9
    Options
    I used them once and canceled my subscription after I received the order. The salmon pieces were mostly small tail portions.  I got a box that also contained halibut and some other white fish -  black cod I think.  The black cod was good.  I do not know what was up with the halibut.  The halibut was so water logged it was impossible to get it to brown.  I have caught enough halibut to know it was not very good quality.  I would not recommend them.
  • jmalcorn
    jmalcorn Posts: 1
    Options
    Sitkasalmonshares.com. Second year with them and the product is great.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys.  Seafood selection around here sucks so I’m looking to branch out 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys.  Seafood selection around here sucks so I’m looking to branch out 
    Seafood selection here is just as bad.  Bookmarking this thread.
    I did get 3 cans of very excellent tuna (to me) but I'm sure I paid a premium thru Sur la Table; so if anyone has a good, reasonable source of decent tuna, I'm all ears.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Botch said:
    I did get 3 cans of very excellent tuna (to me) but I'm sure I paid a premium thru Sur la Table; so if anyone has a good, reasonable source of decent tuna, I'm all ears.  

I've been buying a case each year from these folks for the last few years and have been quite pleased:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Botch said:

for store bought i buy the genova tonno in cans packed in olive oil but every once in a while i get a jar of fillets, tonnino i think. the jars are nice as i can take out what i want during the week and reseal.  canned albacore is overrated, the light and yellowfin has more flavor in my opinion
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Botch said:
    We get Genova yellowfin in olive oil at Costco.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited June 2021
    Options

I haven't tried it, but I hear podcast ads for these guys:  https://sitkasalmonshares.com/

I think it's pretty easy to find discounts for your first order (msg me if you can't - I have them).
    NOLA
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    I have used a place in Seattle's Pike Place Market called Pure Food Fish Market

They have been reliable and the seafood have been top quality.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:
    Botch said:
    We get Genova yellowfin in olive oil at Costco.
    Also, I've gotten tasty salmon, haddock, and scallops here, shipped from ME to MD.  The salmon spread is also really good, as are the frozen clam chowder and lobster stew.  The steamers didn't travel as well.

McLaughlin Seafood

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    I'd appreciate any recommendations for sourcing wild caught trout.  The wife loves trout and doesn't like salmon but all I can find locally is farm raised.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'd appreciate any recommendations for sourcing wild caught trout.  The wife loves trout and doesn't like salmon but all I can find locally is farm raised.
    You might try Aldi. They have wild caught sockeye salmon, and ahi tuna. Frozen of course. Don't recall seeing trout, but worth a look.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut