Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cinco de Mayo longboard brisket

The Texas longboard surf has have the Cinco de Mayo longboard club contest and pro am this weekend a California legend Guy Takayama has come into help and boost the event.   As a way of saying thanks I am cooking him a brisket 
Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About

Comments

• Looks like a great celebration. I’m always jealous when I see brisket cooks on here. I don’t get the opportunity to do them often. For me, they signal great eats, but maybe even more dear, the ceremony of the cook. 
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Looks like a great celebration. I’m always jealous when I see brisket cooks on here. I don’t get the opportunity to do them often. For me, they signal great eats, but maybe even more dear, the ceremony of the cook. 

The ritual is probably what it is really about other wise we’d just got a bbq place and pay them 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    looking yummy!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Brisket and surfing - there's not a much better combo.  I suspect @SurfnGrill would agree.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Killer. I grew up surfing on that beach, back before it had a jetty. Or a channel. JP Luby. Still have my surfboards down and my wife's parent's house.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    We go to the other side of the Packery Channel every Labor Day weekend.  We actually went for Easter- rented a fat tire bike and rode well past Bob Hall Pier

Took this on just the other side of the channel

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.