Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Parts?

1) The grate in the bottom of my grill cracked. Might this be covered by a warranty?
2) Where do you buy your replacement parts? The places listed on the website that I've tried so far don't actually have them, and I hate Amazon :(

Thanks

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited April 2021
    I believe the fire grate has a 5 year warranty. I had mine replaced by the dealer just before I hit my 5 year mark. I've never switched out my cracked fire grate after getting my replacement. It's been cracked 6 years now without any issues. 

If you're out of the 5 year mark for warranty on the fire grate you might want to look at a Kick Ash Basket. I'd rather put money towards that than the price BGE probably wants for a replacement fire grate.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Second the Kick Ash Basket recommendation rather than the OE grate.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    3rdeded a KAB
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Another alternative is a High Que grate. 

Also, my original fire grate had a crack for years that had zero negative impact on cooking.  Finally had to replace it earlier this Spring after it broke into multiple pieces and I could no longer humpty-dumpty it together to hold charcoal.

LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Depending on size, looks like they are $25 according to BGE Website.

I fourth (or whatever) the KAB. That makes it easier to clean, imho.

Because both of my BGE's have KAB's, I have a used one that will fit LBGE or MMBGE (they are the same grate).  PM me if interested.  I won't ever use it.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    KAB for the win
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI