Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple pork loin roast

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
edited April 2021 in EggHead Forum
Doing Easter at the house this weekend, big ham and MIL requested a little pork roast on the egg. Picked up this little guy. Any suggestions on simple cook of this with no brining, that’ll yield a good crust on the outside with juicy tenderness inside? - MIL and rest of SWMBO’s family doesn’t like pink pork so I’ll have to take it past that point, but any ideas?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    One option given your parameters is to grill it direct with some kind of rub to whatever temp won't turn off your in-laws (no pink).  I would think if you grilled it rather fast and pulled at 145F it would rise up to 155F with the rest and there would be no pink.  Any higher and you're toying with a dry meat, however, you can serve with a good chutney and that masks the dryness, and is a delicious condiment for almost any pork.
    Options
    Another option is to make a gravy.  If it seems to be "dry" you can slice thin and smother in gravy.  I wouldn't count on getting much juice out of that roast for gravy unless you cut it all up and collect the juices or cut some of the meat and trimmings and use them exclusively for the gravy.  I do that sometimes.
    Options
    One option given your parameters is to grill it direct with some kind of rub to whatever temp won't turn off your in-laws (no pink).  I would think if you grilled it rather fast and pulled at 145F it would rise up to 155F with the rest and there would be no pink.  Any higher and you're toying with a dry meat, however, you can serve with a good chutney and that masks the dryness, and is a delicious condiment for almost any pork.
    I was kinda leaning towards hot and fast. Do you think raised direct would work? Like 400°?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    perfectly shaped for pork roulade.
    canuckland