Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging... During the NCAA Tournament?

Options
2»

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

Wings tonite, trying them without seasoning as the BW3 sauce is very salty on it’s own. Tomorrow is the main attraction, arracheras and costillas with the in laws. Fresh salsa, ABTs, fajitas. Need to save room. 

I’m amazed the wings don’t fall off the grill. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Wings (and Tito's) to get me through a very ugly Terps win.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    Options

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    My goodness, @gonepostal, that looks wonderful!
    Stillwater, MN
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    Options
    Wow!  Some great chefs here for sure!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @gonepostal - way to bring home that 45 day dry aged steak.  Great crust and finish right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Bracket busted 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Bump
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    As with a lot of people, a rough first 2 rounds with the brackets.  In one pool where there are 60+ entries I have the top 2 "max potential" Gonzagas.  In another pool where there are 220+ entries, my daughter is in 2nd place - nudged out of 1st by the crushing USC gave Kansas.  She has the top Michigan bracket.

It's all about having a path, no matter how unlikely.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Mustache_Vol
    Options
    I’m not looking forward to a potential Alabama final four. Can they make the rim smaller so bama can’t shoot lights out? 
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    I’m not looking forward to a potential Alabama final four. Can they make the rim smaller so bama can’t shoot lights out? 
    They sure torched the Terps!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Mustache_Vol
    Options
    Maybe I just want a claim to be good, but they remind me of Bruce Pearl’s early teams at Tennessee—athletic, shooters, fast.  Someone throw Rick Barnes money at Nate Oats and get him out of the SEC. 
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options

Duke is out so I plan to look up some recipes involving crow.  Or I might just do the pepper stout beef.  What about you?
    Why even hold the tournament if Duke's not in it?  Waste of time...HAHA

This robs a mid major of a glorious win.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Alabama: still a football school.

Tough break guys, sorry.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Still have hope...  Go Zags!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Gonzaga over Baylor and I'm in the chips - 1st in one pool and 3rd in the other.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Gonzaga over Baylor and I'm in the chips - 1st in one pool and 3rd in the other.
    That's the scenario I see playing out, which is exactly why you should be very concerned (-:
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    That's the scenario I see playing out, which is exactly why you should be very concerned (-:
    Actually, I picked it which is why I'm very concerned!  It's been quite a while since I cashed a ticket.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I'm guessing this thread has been Buffalo'ed, since the last post was 4 days ago and the Championship is squeaking on, as I type.  
    So, I must introduce, at this time, sports analytics.  
    I think I saw this story on one of the Sunday Morning News shows, can't quite remember where.  Apparently one, and then some, statisticians have been trying to convince Pro Sport coaches of some statistical facts about winning games, that have been ignored/poo-poo'd until recently.  
    A pro golf coach taught his disciples to take a shot away from the hole, which avoided sandtraps/water/large reptiles, and statistically those disciples started winning more games.  
    It was statistically proven that NFL teams who went for it, 4th down, rather than punting, statistically got more games in the bag.  There has been a shift in NFL games in that.
    Finally (and most stunning to me), the clip said that attempted 3-point shots, in the NBA, were only 6% less successful than those in the paint, gaining 3 points vs 2 points.  Do the math.
    Again, I'm not a basketball fan at all, but I've been force-fed how well the Utard Jazz has been doing this season, via 3-pointers.  AND I've been watching the NCAA championship so far tonight, and it sure seemed like Baylor kllled the first quarter using 3-pointers (Gonzaga made a late comeback, and now I need to wash dishes).  We'll see how this game finishes out (me, tomorrow).  
    FWIW.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Lot of truth to what you've stated, @Botch. The three-point evidence is pretty overwhelming. I will just add, however, that Gonzaga got back in the game largely by shooting far more free throws than Baylor in the first half and that didn't happen by shooting more three-pointers.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Nevermind, there's a delay before posts are posted on my end.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:

Ya need ta upgrade yer modem from 14.4 to 56kbaud or somefin.
    Options
    Botch said:

Ya need ta upgrade yer modem from 14.4 to 56kbaud or somefin.
    Ha....brother Botch just got earbuds. Lets don't be rushing him to acquire all that excessive  bandwidth just yet.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow