Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS Half Round Stone

Options
Cuda1965
Cuda1965 Posts: 71
edited March 2021 in EggHead Forum
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Woo and AR for my XL. CGS has a combo deal that includes two 18 inch half round stones. Are the half round stones worth it?

I have a plate setter, but it's broken in half. (Right now I can balance one half over the other and use it) Do two half round work well as a PS replacement?

Thanks,

Comments

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I’m no help on the half round stones but I have a 15 in pizza stone from CGS that I love. I guess you could use the half stones for calzones, pretzels, cookies etc... Also, my CGS pizza stone is not as thick as the PS, I am not sure that it would hold up over time functioning as a replacement PS. I could be wrong though.
    LBGE
    AL
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Yes, they are there to be a platesetter. Mine (AR and Woo for my XL) actually came with 3.
  • AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    When my round stone broke I replaced it with 2 half stones. I prefer the 2 stone set up, more versatile for heat management (zone cooking) and easier to handle when hot. 
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    +1 re: 2 half stones. More convenient to handle & store. I use mine indoors more than I do in the egg.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Cuda1965
    Cuda1965 Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks all. I pulled the trigger and ordered the combo.