Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having a good supply of lump is good . . .

except when it comes to moving, then it's a PITA  :o
BTW: not a good idea to store on a dirt floor, hence the partial bag in the plastic bag 

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• Having performed a large scale move last year with two young children, I feel your pain. To alleviate the burden, why not offer your lump to your neighbours and free up space in your moving truck? A parting gift that also renders your task a little easier. 
  • If you left that royal oak behind you wouldn’t have lost too much, IMO. I feel your pain, moving sucks!
    Snellville, GA

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Having performed a large scale move last year with two young children, I feel your pain. To alleviate the burden, why not offer your lump to your neighbours and free up space in your moving truck? A parting gift that also renders your task a little easier. 
    none of my neighbors prob don't know what lump charcoal is, beside I moved in with another egghead (Med & mini)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    loco_engr said:
    BTW: not a good idea to store on a dirt floor, hence the partial bag in the plastic bag 

Hmmm, I don’t understand how those few bags are troublesome! Here’s an idea...why not ask all your friends over for big egging bash and use it up? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    You should store it in the attic and leave it for the new homeowners... 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    loco_engr said:

Going through the same process, and have been burning through my supply.  The nice weather we have now helps. 

I spent hours over two weekends burning my scrap wood pile.  I learned the hard way you should not burn the white crown molding from Lowes that is pre-printed. Was like burning a tire.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256

Looks like a starter set to me. I've got that in RO, then add in some Canadian Maple Leaf, some Wicked Good, a couple of bags of BGE, other odds and ends. Probably 350 - 400 lbs total in lump. Mixture of Craigslist and local store sales. Get it while it's on sale, broken bag, closeouts etc.
    Then about a dozen bags of briquets for the WSMs and the kettles.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    @womaus
    17.2# x 14 = 240# (RO)
    22# x 5 =      110# (wicked good)
    Total = 350#

IMHO . . . tad more than a starter set  :)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: