Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic Hairstyles

I'm sure some of you would be unrecognizable and maybe confused with Grizzly Adams for lack of hair maintenance.  Others, perhaps more vanity and not so different.  Your story here.

Dan Haggerty rugged actor who made mark as Grizzly Adams dies
Grizzly Adams

Image may contain meme text that says FOR 50 ILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CUT HAIR
50 dollar haircut

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Weird, am I the only person that’s been getting regular haircuts at a barber this entire time? I think the longest I went was about 6weeks in April/may last year.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    pretty close but the beards more grey. its not as long as the last time i had it cut
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • My hairstyle has not changed for the last 6 years. Daily, complete shave with a DESR. My wife says I take too long in the morning; I tell her that there is sacrifice in achieving perfection. 😂
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Weird, am I the only person that’s been getting regular haircuts at a barber this entire time? I think the longest I went was about 6weeks in April/may last year.

youve been taking some chances, my barber was giving covid christmas presents out just before the holidays
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    Norelco every morning, hasn't changed for me 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited January 2021
    Them covids hide out in scissors I hear hair.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    I have the same barber as @GrateEggspectations except I don't go DESR.  There are enough Zoom meeting screen shots on various threads so that you get the style.  
    Shameless plug, a bit of pandemic relief is available every Friday evening via Zoom starting around 9 PM (EST).  Details are in the thread advertisement posted on the front page of the forum.  Stop in.  Worth the price of admission at a minimum.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

youve been taking some chances, my barber was giving covid christmas presents out just before the holidays
    Never even crossed my mind. Only reason I didn’t go during that 6 weeks was because that’s when our closure mandates hit. Everyone wears a mask inside and they take your temp prior to entry. That’s more than my local supermarket requires. So I figure it’s relatively safe for the 30min I’m in there.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    This guy takes it seriously....
    Massage parlors barber shops and salons see business surge  News Sports  Jobs - News and Sentinel

Never even crossed my mind. Only reason I didn’t go during that 6 weeks was because that’s when our closure mandates hit. Everyone wears a mask inside and they take your temp prior to entry. That’s more than my local supermarket requires. So I figure it’s relatively safe for the 30min I’m in there.

he is appointment only, one person allowed in and the door is locked, still managed to get it. cancelled a dentist visit yesterday, going too wait for the vaccine, told them i know to many with the virus at this time. theres 11 active right now that i know of, my thoughts are that two wont make it. i dont want to be on that list
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    A friend of my wife's used to be a cosmetology teacher. So she stopped over at the house a couple different times to coach my wife how to cut hair. I paired my wife up with a set of pro clippers a few years back. 

One of the better decisions I've made. It's really come in handy with the pandemic.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    bought myself a set of Wahl clippers back in April for something like $75.  A buzz with a #3 every other weekend has paid for the clippers and more by now.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited January 2021
    WeberWho said:
    A friend of my wife's used to be a cosmetology teacher. So she stopped over at the house a couple different times to coach my wife how to cut hair. I paired my wife up with a set of pro clippers a few years back. 

One of the better decisions I've made. It's really come in handy with the pandemic.

I own the Classic 76 too. Pair it up with the combs and you are set. I shave my head with a razor but these make great beard clippers
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• My wife has been cutting mine since before we were married when I convinced her to cut it the first time.  She can cut my hair in < 10 minutes and get one about every 3 weeks. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I've only managed 1 haircut since last March so the locks were freely flowing. Finally broke down and got it cut off so I could leave the house without a hat on. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Got trimmers for Christmas 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Hoster05 said:
    bought myself a set of Wahl clippers back in April for something like $75.  A buzz with a #3 every other weekend has paid for the clippers and more by now.  
    Same here except that I got a cheaper one.  Looking at a pro model now.

My pre-Covid combover got so long it circled my head three times and started to look like a birds nest. I finally had to buzz it off.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Mine is long enough for a ponytail.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    JRWhitee said:

Almost there.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    I'm there.  But I usually am.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    edited January 2021
    JRWhitee said:
    @JRWhitee ..... Sounds like your bragging... 🤭
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    One incident, early on in the pandemic, involved two salon workers in (Illinois?) who came to work sick, but wore masks.  Once they were determined Positive, they immediately tracked the 140 customers that they had recently worked on, and none of them tested positive.  This virus obviously doesn't transmit by contact very easily, and masks work!  (this has also been proved, in spades, in Hong Kong and Taiwan).  

I did get a haircut in June, while in Sioux Falls for my Mom's service.  My hair was driving me crazy, my BIL's barber was still open, but it was stupid of me to get a haircut there, as the breakout of COVID happened at the Smithfield meatpacking plant there just the week before.  I was lucky.  
    I've had my hair cut twice since.  The Illinois story I consider a risk-reducer.  Utard's positivity rate (which I consider a "squishy" statistic, at best) is around 30%, but the fatality number in the whole state is 1,422 as of yesterday.  I'm still being as careful as I can; I don't want to be the last guy in the US to die of COVID before the vaccinations were completed.  But that is BotchLuck™.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead

My pandemic pubes are out of bounds. 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Indiana’s governor hasn’t been drunk on power or insane,  so I only missed one haircut back in the spring. 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Indiana’s governor hasn’t been drunk on power or insane,  so I only missed one haircut back in the spring. 
    That’s funny.

I’ve been able to get my haircut at a shop, I’ve just chosen to limit my exposure.