Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You Make Me Fat!

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes, you! You are the reason my pants are too tight. You are the reason my waist measurement is no longer even close to my inseam measurement. Your delicious recipes are irresistable. Your pictures of foods you prepare on the egg leave me defenseless. Stop while I can still fit through the front door!

Comments

• GonetoSeed
    Options
    My sentiments exactly :) Now where is that post with the great fatties recipe.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    um... i may be all artsy and wear funny shirts and all, but i still get nervous when a dude tells me i make his pants tight.[p]not that there's anything wrong with that.[p](ok ok, back to yer real point... i stopped eating huge multi-beer lunches every day and dropped a lot of extra weight. my basic approach is to watch what i eat during the week. monday-friday eat well at dinner, but don't OVER eat. weekends do not count. eat drink whatever you want sat/sun and heck maybe friday too. try it. i swear, it'll work and you won't be on a diet.)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    stike,[p]You just described the way I lost probably 80 pounds a couple years ago. It's the way to go![p]Cornfed
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Cornfed,
    i was in boston every day, eating a big pub lunch and having two 22oz beers almost every day for lunch (with my boss, "working"). when i left, and started working from my own studio at home, i stopped those lunches. went from 185 to 170 in one month with absolutely no pangs or suffering with tiny portions. i just didn't eat lots of fries and reubens and suck down all those beer-carbs every day.[p]i was lucky, because i'd just turned 40, metabolism is slowing, and would have been 300 pounds in a year or so

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • LolaNuggs
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Try using the egg to cook some of the healthier foods. Grilled Salmon, Tuna, Chicken. If you make meatloaf or burgers, use half lean ground beef and half ground turkey. Lots of fresh veggies. Continue to eat the other stuff too, just cut back on your portions. Indulge your cravings, just don't go overboard.
    JoNuggs and I joined a gym and we are going every day. Plus we are using the egg to cook the healthy foods that will help cut back on the fat. He has come up with some great marinades and spice combos to give the healthy stuff amazing flavors. Most of his receipes have come from this web site. Good luck!

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p] Never trust a skinny BBQ'r (unless he goes by Nature Boy)[p]
  • LolaNuggs
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    I'm not skinny yet, but I'm working on it!

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    You got that right.But on the other hand he lives in the woods and climbs up and down the ridges and slopes,that does make a difference.Me I would rather have a beer and worry about the door factor later.BEERS!!!!