Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Berkshire Pork

Options
I haven’t been on the forum in a long time, but was wondering if anyone has used Berkshire pork and if so what your thoughts are.  Thanks. 

Best Answers

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’ve only done chops and tenderloin, but for me it’s notably better than commodity pork you find in the supermarket.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have had the chops on several occasions and agree that it is nicer. More moist and very tender
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Parcall
    Parcall Posts: 47
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Everyone, thanks so much for your answers.  I am going to give some a try.  
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’ve recently done Kurobuta from SRF.  I’ve tried loin chops and porterhouse cut and both were exceeding tender, juicy and flavorful.  Worth the money.  Porterhouse chop below:

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FREE SHIPPING on SRF right now . . I just ordered 4 of the Frenches Pork Chop ($17 each)  . . love these things.

Frenched Pork Chop
    AMERICAN KUROBUTA
    FRENCHED PORK CHOP
    QTY4
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They were ludicrous but damn good!
    O-Town, FL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had a bone in Berkshire pork lion for Thanksgiving. It was delicious. I agree with @Acn that the pork is significantly better than you can find in grocery stores.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I've done some duroc st louies, and they were amazing. I'm picking up two racks of duroc and two of berkshires tomorrow for a cook this weekend.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95

Answers