Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin kabobs

EggersRUs
EggersRUs Posts: 38
Saw my wife preparing pork loin slices for freezing and what was leftover looked perfect for dinner.

Sliced into roughly 1 Inch cubes, marinated in PF Chang's Mongolian BBQ sauce because we have had it for some time and wanted to use it up. Marinated a couple of hours. Use whatever you like or have on hand for marinade.

Raised grid, 4 inches above gasket level at 400 degrees dome temp took 13 minutes.

I always stabilize at target temp for 10 minutes before putting it on.

They were delicious and tender at 157 internal. I often cook pork tenderloins to 137/138 and take them off still pink inside. Planned to take these off at 145 internal but they were at 155/160 When I first checked so I took them off.

My wife and I couldn't believe how good they were.

I attached a not so good photo, because I have seen posters here say "pics or it was takeout."

Nothing special accompanying, baked potato and baked zuccini with cheese on top.

I looked at bgeforum as I usually do before any new cook, saw a number of pork tenderloin cooks, but nothing for pork loin so I thought I would post this.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I don't think I've ever done pork kabobs, although they're one of the world's most popular cooks, esp street food in Asia. Thanks for the idea.

Saw that piece of pork my wife had left and it was like a light went on in my brain.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Great idea.  I would go foe one of those for sure.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Thank you for posting this. Simple yet delicious!
  • Did this again tonight.

Was delicious but not quite as good a cut of pork loin.

A bit more texture and slightly grainy.

My wife commented "it probably wasn't killed at the same phase of the moon."

The local paper had an article about hill people that had been befriended by people from "up north!"

The newcomer swore that his neighbor killed a pig when he wanted it slaughtered, but the local farmer said it wasn't the right phase of the moon. So the local guy slaughtered another one during the proper phase and the newcomer sweared that without a doubt the one killed during the proper phase tasted better.

Whatever the reason, the original post was about a piece of pork loin that was delicious.

Different piece of pork loin tonight. Darn good, but not quite so tender. Will definitely do it again, made for a great meal.