Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Cooks 2020 - Show 'em!

Options

Comments

• Eggpharmer
    Options

Looks friggen perfect, but how do you not have a huge puddle of juice running off the board?
    Only thing i can guess is i let it rest longer than usual. Was close to an hour waiting on a side to finish up
    Austin, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I rested mine 30 minutes on a rack with my handy little kitchen fan on it.  Anyway, looks beautiful.
    Options
    Bone in Leg of lamb, stuffed with Anchovies, garlic and rosemary, will be served with three cheese mash, oyster stuffing, roasted carrots with maple syrup.and peas. Dessert apple crumble.. Full disclosure everything will be cooked indoors.

you had me at anchovies...

Did you lard the roast with them, or make a roll with the stuffing inside?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This was a Christmas week
    event.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    caliking said:
    Bone in Leg of lamb, stuffed with Anchovies, garlic and rosemary, will be served with three cheese mash, oyster stuffing, roasted carrots with maple syrup.and peas. Dessert apple crumble.. Full disclosure everything will be cooked indoors.

you had me at anchovies...

Did you lard the roast with them, or make a roll with the stuffing inside?
    I made slits in the lamb and stuffed with Anchovies garlic and Rosemary. Then made a paste of butter Rosemary garlic and anchovies and rubbed all over the leg.
    It was great😋

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    @sumoconnell - It is getting dark and stormy on a personal basis this evening  but that looks like a deboned turkey.  Full props if it is as I am challenged by a simple chix.  Great skin color as well.
    Merry Christmas!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JNDATHP said:
    Standing rib roast at 250* until IT of 118*, about two hours. Potatoes went on with the roast. 

After hitting 118* bumped temps up to about 475* and left the potatoes cooking while the roast was tented and resting for about an hour. Took the potatoes off and bumped the temps up to 550* and put the roast back on for 10 minutes. 

Next time don't tent it, let it cool for 30 minutes to an hour on a rack.  Then put in for 8 minutes at 550.   You will get less grey meat on the edges.  The inside will still be hot.  Food cools like it heats, from the outside in.