Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trimming Up the Forum

2»

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    This forum without all the OT stuff (and possibly politics) would die quickly IMHO

paqman said:

(google search) site:eggheadforum.com rubmyrock

Was he real or just a troll?  I still haven’t made my mind.
    Long time for a troll and no posts. Thats some deep cover
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.
    🤡
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Make this place the way you want it to be. Post some friggin’ cooks. Ask some questions. Engage  the folks here. Nobody “controls” this forum. I have found the folks here helpful and friendly. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • This person has 3 posts since 2014. 2 of them telling everyone else what to do to make it better for them while (shockingly) they have never offered a single contribution. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He's gifted if he was a troll.  I think not though.
    edited December 2020
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    BGE Corporate does try to police the place. It’s done infrequently, and arbitrarily. 
    Recently (I believe you will be happy to hear) they dragged some of the more notorious threads into an OT forum. 

This forum only exists because there are active members. In fact, it was co-opted by corporate from a family who started it themselves twenty something years ago. Sonit had this vibe long before a corporation tried to use it for marketing. 

The active members sometimes get tired of just answering the same newbie questions over and over. And they goof around. Too bad. 

Those who expect the forum to cater to their needs every four years or so when they post, are perhaps on the “naïve” end of the internet spectrum. 

If it makes you feel better, for the entirety of the twenty years, people lamented the decline of the forum, wished that it would just be all-BGE all the time, and wished the clowns would leave. 

The clowns kept answering all the questions, and the old farts have moved on. It just is how it is. 

Your question reminds me of a kid I went to grammar school with who was perturbed that the encyclopedia had all this other stuff in it in addition to the one thing he was actually interested in. 
    Arent the old farts the ones controlling the forum now? You guys are all 50 plus.
    Unless dying of stupidity is a thing, you will likely make it to 50 one day yourself. Although now that I think about it, if it is a thing, I don’t like your chances. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.
    🤡
    I can’t believe you knowingly posted a clown.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.

Welcome to the internet.
    NOLA
  • In the search bar type whatever your looking for -re. This pulls the topics without the comments 

example 
    pulled beef -re 
    You have any other search tips similar to this?
    Smyrna, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    In the search bar type whatever your looking for -re. This pulls the topics without the comments 

example 
    pulled beef -re 
    In the forum search window:

If you are looking for something very specific, there are some additional parameters you can use to help narrow down results.

• “keyword phrase”: A phrase wrapped in quotes must occur in that order.
    • +keyword: The keyword must occur in the search result.
    • -keyword: The keyword must not occur in the result.

FYI - you can mitigate these types of threads if you enable advanced search, which is available to corporate level Vanilla plans at no extra cost.

edited December 2020
    Merry Christmas 
  • In the search bar type whatever your looking for -re. This pulls the topics without the comments 

example 
    pulled beef -re 
    In the forum search window:

If you are looking for something very specific, there are some additional parameters you can use to help narrow down results.

• “keyword phrase”: A phrase wrapped in quotes must occur in that order.
    • +keyword: The keyword must occur in the search result.
    • -keyword: The keyword must not occur in the result.

No bueno.  Tried all permutations, no results that do not contain Lit.  

@Lit must be the Buffalo.