Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shed Oops

Options
I don't have a fancy outdoor kitchen. I don't even have any outdoor furniture yet. But I do have a new patio pad and a new shed. Which I screwed up when I specified what I wanted.

See that ice in front of the doorway? And see how the slick metal roof dumps it right in front of the door? Yep, that's the problem. I keep my medium BGE in that shed. And I won't be able to use the BGE until that ice melts off. Yeah, I should have cleared the snow away but since I hire someone to do the snow removal, it never crossed my mind. And now -- no grilling this winter.
The shed itself is a decently-built one. Tuff-Shed did okay and I'd get another from them if I were still in the market. It's my own fault that I asked for the door on the side instead of the end. Or maybe I could have had the roof's slope made so that the snow dumped on the ends rather than the sides. I could even have oriented the shed so that the door wasn't north-facing.
Like I said, "oops."
Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range

Comments