Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT feels like a wrong turn into a cave with dripping ceilings

kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,410
I feel like we are all alone in here. We can hide without fear of being found.  The world races on without us. Threads die in here. It's dark. Moist.  Smelly.   The air is stagnant.  The ghosts of trolls past lurk in the shadows.  A man holding a bottle of non-clumpy bbq rub is hitting on an Aldi cashier by a stalactite.  Many layers below us, the original egghead forum died with its antiquated thread layout. . . a layout so terrible that only a few really old dudes who helped figure out the German enigma in WW2 could figure it out.  The rest of the old forum members destroyed their eggs out of frustration, burned off their tastebuds with branding irons and bought gas grills.  A Buffalo passes by the almost hidden entrance without noticing the OT cave's existence, even though he created it.   We look up,  at least in the direction we think is up,  hoping to get a glimpse of daylight or hear the sounds of children laughing.   The only sounds we hear is the water dripping from the ceilings and creepy voices echoing off the walls from sunken threads past.  Occasionally, a sugar glider will happen by. We dream of catching one and cooking it over lump charcoal,  stabbing it with our thermo pen repeatedly until we know it's safe to eat.   We are starving down here.  Alas, we are all alone.  We might stand 6 feet apart without knowing another soul is there.  Our only hope is that one glorious day, we will join the main forum once again.  Until then, welcome to the dark underworld of OT.  In the large vault like room on the left you will find. . . 
Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    That was, if I may use a big word twice in one day, eloquent.  :triumph:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I want to personally apologize for the "smelly".
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    The bidet doesn't make the gas any less smelly or voluminous?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Not from what I'm told. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @kl8ton - great post!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    OR - "It's a long, and a dusty road; it's a hard and a heavy load and the folks that we meet aren't always kind. Some are bad and some are good, and some are doing the best they could, and some are trying to ease their troubled minds. And I can't help but wonder where I'm bound...."
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • BGNMI
    BGNMI Posts: 20
    How can you be lonely when you have a BMD? Impossible