Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled octopus on the egg. This turned out great!!!

Options
Boarcephis
Boarcephis Posts: 6
edited December 2020 in Seafood

I was at Whole Foods and they had whole octopus so I bought one.  I simmered it at 200 degrees in a concoction of water, juice from a lemon, lime and orange, 5-6 whole cloves of garlic, one rough chopped onion, bunch of salt and rosemary and thyme for about an hour and 15 minutes.  It was a 2 1/2 pound octopus and it was recommended 20-25 minutes per pound. When done I marinated it overnight in a large bowl and covered it with a 2 cup mixture of olive oil, juice from a lime, lemon and orange, 1 TBS minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes and a bunch of salt.  Threw it on the egg and cooked it about 4 minutes at 400 on each side. It was so tender I could cut it with a fork!!  I made a dipping sauce out of soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and wasabi.  Will definitely do it again.

Comments