Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's meal

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Long time no post for me. With starting a new job three weeks ago, life has been a little busy and just haven't taken the time to take any pictures of what little cooking I have been doing.[p]The much better half had picked up a small (4.85#) pork loin sirloin roast. It did have a bone in it on one side. I put the roast in a simple brine (3 qts. water, heaping 1/2 cup each of sea salt (out of kosher salt) and sugar-in-the-raw, about a 1/4 cup each of soy sauce and orange juice, plus a couple of tablespoons of Ken Stones EZLife rub) for about 2.5 hours. It then went on one egg, direct, main grid, egg temp about 250 with a couple of chunks of Cherry for some smoke. Here it is right after going on.[p]P1280638.jpg[p]Also, put a pan of beans on the other egg for the side dish.[p]P1280639.jpg[p]Used a couple of chunks of hickory for the beans.[p]I let the pork roast go on the main grid for about 20 minutes, turning once, then pulled it while I put the grid extender in to finish cooking. Egg temp had climbed to about 325 by now so it took about 20 minutes more for the roast internal temp to top 140 throughout. Here is a closeup of the finished roast along with a shot of some of the slices.[p]P1280643.jpg[p]the slices.[p]P012807.jpg[p]All in all a good way to get back into posting on the forum.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments