Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Gettin the mini ready for a Tbone and laughing at a lunatic 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    cheese burger with regular bread and a cheese burger sans any bread.
    Ever tried mayo instead of butter when toasting bun/bread for burger or grilled cheese?  I find mayo gives a nice golden color and crisp texture.
    I’m a fan of using Mayo to toast the bread too. I’ll butter the inside and use Mayo on the outside. I like the color and I think it “toasts” crispier. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Don't buy blue Fiestaware unless you want to run each food pic through a filter to fix the color bias (I obviously don't bother that's why my food pics look weird).
    Options
    @nolaegghead Ha. We have the same blue Fiestaware. You are correct.  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,472
    Options
    cheese burger with regular bread and a cheese burger sans any bread.
    Ever tried mayo instead of butter when toasting bun/bread for burger or grilled cheese?  I find mayo gives a nice golden color and crisp texture.
    No, but I recall you saying that.  I'll have to give it a shot.  I had to run to the store yesterday as we were out of butter.
    The last Grilled Cheese I made, I buttered one outside and mayo'd the other outside slice.  
    I'm good with that.  For life.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen @HeavyG and SmokingGal in the same room...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen @HeavyG and SmokingGal in the same room...

Well there was that one time on an episode of Steve Raichlen's Project Smoke...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Gettin the mini ready for a Tbone and laughing at a lunatic 

There's a lot of crazy about at the moment.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @lit what did costco want for that Waygu ground beef?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @lit what did costco want for that Waygu ground beef?
    Was like $5.50 a lb
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I can't take much credit for this but my wife wants to start a garden for next year. So she's tackled this project on her own. 

Nice looking soil, WeberWho!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Having a cold weather favorite of ours tonight..... “The Sloopy Joe”. We don’t use no stinkin can stuff here.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Having a cold weather favorite of ours tonight..... “The Sloopy Joe”. We don’t use no stinkin can stuff here.

But, what are you having for *dinner*?
    Options

But, what are you having for *dinner*?
    .....a Clausen's Dill Pickle chaser
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    rifrench said:
    WeberWho said:
    I can't take much credit for this but my wife wants to start a garden for next year. So she's tackled this project on her own. 

Nice looking soil, WeberWho!
    Thanks @rifrench

I wish I could claim that as our soil. It's 4 truck loads worth of compost from the local outdoor recycling center. The neighbor swears by it. He knows way more than I do when it comes to gardening so it seemed like sound advice.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @WeberWho - family hero right there.  Way to get it sorted out.  Never a doubt.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - family hero right there.  Way to get it sorted out.  Never a doubt.
    Far from that but thanks! Always nice to help family when you can. I figure the worst thing that could happen was that they would have to bring it to a mechanic who actually knows what they're doing to fix it. It also helped that I went over my snowblower with the same Tecumseh engine a few days prior for the routine maintenance portion of it. So everything was still fresh in my mind yet. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,472
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Once the part arrived I was able to put everything back together to see if the carb cleaning helped any. The very first pull it fired up from 2-3 years of sitting. Yes!!! That never happens. 
    Well, we now have to say "That rarely happens."  Congrats!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    @WeberWho great job! Reminds me of an old lawnmower I fixed ... top and bottom halves of the gas tank was splitting apart, I sealed the joint with JBWeld like epoxy. It wasn’t worth replacing the tank even if I could find one.
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Oh ya dere!  You betchya!
    Options
    @WeberWho great job! Reminds me of an old lawnmower I fixed ... top and bottom halves of the gas tank was splitting apart, I sealed the joint with JBWeld like epoxy. It wasn’t worth replacing the tank even if I could find one.

Right on! I picked up a free 2 stroke Toro lawnmower years ago on Craigslist thinking I'd push my front portion of the yard. That never ended up happening. So it sat. My sister in law bought their first house and needed a mower. So the was the perfect opportunity to get it out of my shed. I cleaned the carb, new fuel lines, fuel filter, sharpened the blade, and fixed an issue with the drive system. Probably way more work than what it's worth. With all that work done it still has a leaky fuel tank at the middle seam. Every once in awhile I'll look for a used or fee one but pretty much left it up to them to fix it if it bothered them any. I think my sister in law has to refuel 2-3 times with their tank each mowing. Nothing like hearing a 2 stroke push mower. Pretty neat. 

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    @nolaegghead, it looks great, so it must have really tasted phenomenal.
    Stillwater, MN