Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Handle

Options
If ya can't find what ya want you just do it yourself.  Time to put the finishing touches on it.
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Making progress!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    That looks Great!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Old pecky sinker cypress to match your table I take it. Neat gasket job too.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    RRP said:
    Old pecky sinker cypress to match your table I take it. Neat gasket job too.
    Doing a test run on the gasket install.
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    Options
    I have an old antique worn sledgehammer handle I'd like to make a handle out of.  

Is that spalted maple on yours?
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    brentm said:
    I have an old antique worn sledgehammer handle I'd like to make a handle out of.  

It's some old pecky sinker cypress from the Atchafalaya Basin.  Old sledge handle, that's cool.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Very nice!
    Options
    Very nice!
    Thanks, Podna!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just got the workstation today for my Shaper Origin router.  Plan on doing an egg handle as a first project....
    Options
    brentm said:

It's some old pecky sinker cypress from the Atchafalaya Basin.  Old sledge handle, that's cool.
    I don't have the skills to make it into a handle, but I would happily pay someone who did this part time to do so.  If that is you, please let me know.  If not, understood.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    I just got the workstation today for my Shaper Origin router.  Plan on doing an egg handle as a first project....
    I am in need of a couple new ones so if you are looking for additional revenue streams send me a pm
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    Awesome.   Makes grilling fun when you appreciate it more.

Very nice!  I like the two-tier system you have.  Looks like stainless.  I have one like it but regular steel, wish it was stainless.  Where did you buy your two-tier grids?
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Some nice handles ^^^
    Lol, when I first read the thread title I thought someone forgot password/credentials and had to sign up again with new forum handle  :)
    canuckland
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I'm jealous.  The Origin is quite the tool!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• RRP
    Options
    Yno said:

Super COOL! Just don’t have too many adult beverages before using, unless you purchased the optional rotational horn handle feature!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I need one for a small whenever you’re ready.  =)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I'm jealous.  The Origin is quite the tool!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• RRP
    Options
    Looks so great! 

And thanks for the tip of the hat!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Nice handle. I just refinished my OEM handle but this is me ch more
    custom. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    500 said:
    Nice handle. I just refinished my OEM handle but this is me ch more
    custom. 
    Thanks!
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    Awesome.   Makes grilling fun when you appreciate it more.

Very nice!  I like the two-tier system you have.  Looks like stainless.  I have one like it but regular steel, wish it was stainless.  Where did you buy your two-tier grids?
    Thanks.  Its steel not stainless.  Just well oiled after each use.  The top has the duck head from the handle, and towels etc, the bottom is the bull head from the handle.  Had then made.  I can dig up the info.  Will make whatever you want.  Thank you also

Columbus, Ohio
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    How the hell do you keep it that clean?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.