Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinated Skirt Steak from Costco

Has anyone had this pre-marinated skirt steak from Costco before? Thoughts/tips on cooking, assuming hot and fast.  What's the flavor profile/recommended sides?

Lakeville, MN

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited October 2020
    @Legume pretty much nailed it.  I would add cojita cheese as the finish and I also like pickled onions.

100% on wiping off the marinade.  Sometimes it can actually give a ham like flavor depending on the marinade if you do not wipe it off.  Took me about 3 times before I finally realized why I was getting an off flavor with my Carna Asada.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I haven't had that - what is it marinated with?

My in-laws do arracheras (skirt) marinated with fresh lime, onion slices between each layer and salt.

BTW - united33, is that NRT-->LAX reference? 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    inside SS supposed to be more tender than outside SS?
    CRS . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    loco_engr said:
    inside SS supposed to be more tender than outside SS?
    CRS . . .
    inside or outside skirt steak

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Outside is better but harder to find.
    Mountain View, CA
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    Call me insane, but I love skirt steak marinated in Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce, sliced with the grain. I'm lazy and usually broil it in the oven, as I don't think the egg adds enough to warrant the prep time. Hopefully I can still keep my posting privileges here.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    CMH88 said:
    Call me insane, but I love skirt steak marinated in Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce, sliced with the grain. I'm lazy and usually broil it in the oven, as I don't think the egg adds enough to warrant the prep drinking time. Hopefully I can still keep my posting privileges here.
    I think this belongs in the unpopular bbq opinions thread, then you can stay.

Years ago we used to cook flank steak in the crock pot in something akin to yoshidas until it started to fall apart.  We would basically pull it into ropes that went with the grain and serve on steamed rice and our kids (young at the time) would absolutely destroy it.
  • CMH88 said:
    Call me insane, but I love skirt steak marinated in Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce, sliced with the grain. I'm lazy and usually broil it in the oven, as I don't think the egg adds enough to warrant the prep time. Hopefully I can still keep my posting privileges here.
    Yoshidas is amazing